Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best option credit card post cleanup??

tag
Edk83
Established Member

Best option credit card post cleanup??

I have just cleaned up my report. At present I have no negatives, no accounts, nothing on credit report. Not sure of my score but it is 649 on creditkarma. I am waiting for Cap1 secured to be reported any day now on account and another BOA line where I am an authorized user. In this situation, are there any unsecured cards to consider applying for do you think????

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
codimom
Frequent Contributor

Re: Best option credit card post cleanup??

wait until your 2 cards report.  You can then look into a store card (walmart or target) and then garden the daylights out of those.

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 2 of 9
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

Kind of hard to get a decent unsecured card until you build up a little more history.  How about waiting six months and applying for a Chase Freedom?

Message 3 of 9
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1

Message 4 of 9
RonDawg
Contributor

@Edk83 wrote:

I have just cleaned up my report. At present I have no negatives, no accounts, nothing on credit report. Not sure of my score but it is 649 on creditkarma. I am waiting for Cap1 secured to be reported any day now on account and another BOA line where I am an authorized user. In this situation, are there any unsecured cards to consider applying for do you think????

Department store cards are easy to get.  I have had my JCPenney card since 1993 infact its my oldest account and it has survived 2 bankos, hey just never wanted to give up on me and because of that I have stuck by them. One of the only department store cards I still use.  Started that puppy with a 500 credit limit and now its 5k. 

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 5 of 9
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Credit314, which advice are you giving a +1 to? There was multiple types of advice given, please clarify for the OP.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 6 of 9
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Definitely app for the Walmart card. As long as your scores are above 640 you should be approved. You will get a free TU 08 FICO score for free each month and GE is the most generous lender when it comes to CLIs.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 7 of 9
Edk83
Established Member

Thanks! I applied for the Walmart store card. I was told I would get a decision in the mail between 7-10 days. I dont know if its a good thing, probably not. What do you think? Its worth a shot!

Message 8 of 9
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

call backdoor number and they will tell you
5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.