Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best rebuilding card

tag
NeedinHelp42
New Contributor

Best rebuilding card

Ok, so I burned bridges with rebuilder cards from Orchard about 3 years ago CO-paid off and First Premier about 6 years back-CO and would like to stay away from them now that I am trying to reestablish.  What are your experiences with some of the other comapnies?  Any recommendations?

Scores are: Exp: 562, Eq: 550, TU: 567    
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best rebuilding card

TRY BOA 99/500 CARD U HAVE TO APPLY FOR THE PLATIUNM PLUS AND GET DENIED FIRST..
Message 2 of 7
Kartel34
Regular Contributor

Start with a secured card. Most require a 300 min deposit and after 6 -12 months with good payment history they will change it to an unsecured.
An if your trying to rebuild your credit a 300 CL should be enough. This way to don't get yourself into trouble. (but thats me playing it safe).

Good luck  
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can probably still get an orchard if you wanted, I had a HSBC CC and HSBC BB charge off and they gave me a card again..
Message 4 of 7
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

Orchard and hsbc will probably still give you ccs even w/chargeoffs.  same w/first premier.  Was able to get 2 orchards w/2 hsbc chargeoffs still on my reports.  However, the hsbc chargeoffs were out of the SOL for collection purposes, so maybe that’s why.  Also, you can only have 4 hsbc (incl. orchard) ccs @ 1x…chargeoffs/old/closed accts STILL on your reports count towards this…so in my case, I’ve maxed out my # of hsbc products.

Also I’ve read that if you’ve burned hsbc in the past, while they may give you ccs again, they will NOT give you CLIs, no matter how long ago your chargeoffs w/hsbc were.  I tend to believe this is true as despite 15 mos. of perfect payments (no lates, overlimits, missed payments, etc.) w/2 orchard ccs, I’ve NOT been given a single CLI.

In hindsight, rather than go the first premier/orchard route, I probably should’ve gone the secured CC route, but @ the time, I didn’t want to put up all that $.  scores have risen nearly 200 pts since obtaining the 1st premiers/orchards in early 07

Message Edited by creditreformer on 05-30-2008 04:52 PM
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think 18 months is when they are willing to give CLI with chargeoffs.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

try credit one bank
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.