Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best reward card for entertainment

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best reward card for entertainment

So I am trying to decide on my next completely unnecessary but want it anyway, credit card.

I have been looking at a few.. Uber Visa, Amex Gold, Amex BCP, and Savor.

I was thinking of going for a card that gives good rewards of course but centers on restraunts and entertainment. Most reward points would go towards Amazon stuff with some travel mixed in.

Does anyone else like these cards and recommend them? I was thinking I may have to do a spreadsheet lol

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Best reward card for entertainment

Points you get Gold, cashback Uber or Savor. Personally, I'd get the Savor because their entertainment category is immense and covers quite a lot and with dining to boot at 4% assuming you can break even on the AF.
Message 2 of 36
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

I’d say the Savor would be a good match. The “entertainment” category is quite broad. 4% adds up quickly to buy you Amazon stuff lol
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 3 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Laughing at my amazon obsession! So rude sir! Smiley Tongue

I was thinking that it may be my best choice. Or savor one. I guess like you said, its wheter I will make that annual fee back and then some.

Message 4 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I decided to look up what that category entails and it is really broad!

Message 5 of 36
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Lol hey, Amazon does have EVERYTHING. Also, not a sir 🤣🤣🤣
Message 6 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha okay  make that ma'am!

Eww that may not actually be better Smiley Tongue

It really does and you can even use points to buy gift cards to SO many places its like cash basically. Although the hotel bene isnt bad.

Message 7 of 36
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Haha okay  make that ma'am!

Eww that may not actually be better Smiley Tongue

It really does and you can even use points to buy gift cards to SO many places its like cash basically. Although the hotel bene isnt bad.

😂😂😂 

Sounds like we have a winner! There’s also the Savor One if you don’t want the AF.

Message 8 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 9 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

If only concerned about dining & entertainment, the Marvel card & Cap1 cards should be your top choices.

For the 4% card with a $95 annual fee, that means you'd have to spend $9,500/year in those categories to break even compared to the 3% cards with $0 AF.
Only get the 4% card if you intend to spend more than 9,500/year on it in only dining/entertainment. If you are questioning if you will, or think your yearly spend will be around $10,000 I would stick with the 3% cards. You'll find yourself justifying buying something to get over the 9,500 mark. Spend an extra $30 for an extra 1% cash back is a bad use of money. And if you're planning to be a little over the 9.5k mark, you possibly won't be. Some random merchant you'd think is a dining or category will inevitably not be so.

I see you mentioned the BCP & Gold...
The BCP only does groceries (well, groceries & a lot of other things), not dining. The Gold is groceries & dining, but no entertainment.
If you meant to say you're looking to cover grocery expenses, too, then the BCP card is a very fine card. You may want to get both the BCP and one of those previous dining/ent cards.

The Gold is a whole 'nother beast, as everything else are cash back cards. The Gold earns points. Most people value those points around 1.5-2 cents each, depending what you redeem them for (though you could straight redeem them at 1 cent each easily). The card carries a sizeable annual fee, too. The AF can mostly be offset by the many credits it offers, provided you can actually utilize them. For some people they work great, while others have no usage for them.

Good luck deciding what cars/combo of cards is right for you!
Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.