Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best reward card for entertainment

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best reward card for entertainment

Well, I prefer cash back point systems than much else so I can use the way I want to use it. But some of the cards have different ways of doing that so it gets a tad confusing lol.

I thought about just doing the 2% cash back card through citi although rewards+ is looking a tad interesting.

That sucks about the entertainment inconsistancies. That is a bit of an issue...

Message 31 of 36
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I prefer cash back point systems than much else so I can use the way I want to use it. But some of the cards have different ways of doing that so it gets a tad confusing lol.

I thought about just doing the 2% cash back card through citi although rewards+ is looking a tad interesting.

That sucks about the entertainment inconsistancies. That is a bit of an issue...

Unless the entertainment purchases are tiny ,as in <$5, which seems mostly unlikely, the Double Cash is going to pay out more than the Rewards+ would.

Message 32 of 36
jdbkiang
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

While CB is clearly the most flexible choice, if you know travel will be coming up, points can be more valuable. Their value is often tied to travel and it doesn't hurt to bank some points in preparation for upcoming traveling.

[2/2019]
Message 33 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I went ahead and went for the Double Cash card from Citi and got approved! Only a 3000 line though ugh. Barely usable without having to make multiple payments in a month but oh well

Message 34 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well I went ahead and went for the Double Cash card from Citi and got approved! Only a 3000 line though ugh. Barely usable without having to make multiple payments in a month but oh well

At least you got an approval.  I find Citi to be bottom feeders when it comes to CL's.  I took HP's on my 2 cards with them at activation for an additional 5K/ea.  Why they don't put forth their best offer on approval I'm not sure but, might as well make the most of the card and go for the HP unless there's something holding you back from getting a higher CL in the first place.

Message 35 of 36
UncleB
Credit Mentor

This thread is locked and closed to new messages.

The new thread can be found here:  https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Citi-Double-Cash-Approved/m-p/5659098

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.