Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best secured card to start with

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Re: Best secured card to start with

@B335is wrote:

BoA hands down.  The graduation rate has got to be higher with them than any other secured card.  If I was looking for secured card that is the only option I would consider.

Thanks.  You've not steered me wrong yet!

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 11 of 33
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@B335is wrote:

BoA hands down.  The graduation rate has got to be higher with them than any other secured card.  If I was looking for secured card that is the only option I would consider.

was just wondering about boa secured cards how long does it take usually for them to graduate to 3-2-1 card?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 12 of 33
JLK93
Established Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@oilcan12 wrote:

How bad is you friend's credit. He won't be approved for a BOA secured card with bad credit. The BOA secured card is more for building credit than  rebuilding credit.

I was approved for an unsecured Chase Freedom card at the same time I was declined for a BOA secured card.

Low 600's.  Only positive TL is student loan.  A few negative TL's which were all paid in full after they were closed.

I don't know if he will be able to be approved for a BOA secured card with his profile, but it is worth a try. BOA is the best secured card in my opinion.

Message 13 of 33
UTK_GOBO
Valued Member

@mongstradamus wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@B335is wrote:

was just wondering about boa secured cards how long does it take usually for them to graduate to 3-2-1 card?

You can actually have 3-2-1 secured card with BOA. 

I have way too many cards ...
Message 14 of 33
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@UTK_GOBO wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@B335is wrote:

ohh that i didn't know , its not for me but i have friend that has no credit presently and was wondering when it will graduate i think he has regular secured boa card. 

Message 15 of 33
JLK93
Established Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@UTK_GOBO wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@B335is wrote:

ohh that i didn't know , its not for me but i have friend that has no credit presently and was wondering when it will graduate i think he has regular secured boa card. 

It normally graduates after 12 months. However, it is possible to request early graduation as early as 6 months.

Message 16 of 33
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@oilcan12 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@UTK_GOBO wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@B335is wrote:

It normally graduates after 12 months. However, it is possible to request early graduation as early as 6 months.

Ahh thats interesting , thanks for the info :-)

Message 17 of 33
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@12njoy wrote:

@B335is wrote:

I think 12 months they might unsecure it.  It just seems like BoA is better about genuinely reviewing these cardholders than some of the other lenders.  I've read some people are upset lately because they won't unsecure, but they still have unpaid negatives reporting.  It's a good card if your friend is working on cleaning up their CR.

Message 18 of 33
12njoy
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@B335is wrote:

I think 12 months they might unsecure it.  It just seems like BoA is better about genuinely reviewing these cardholders than some of the other lenders.  I've read some people are upset lately because they won't unsecure, but they still have unpaid negatives reporting.  It's a good card if your friend is working on cleaning up their CR.

Thanks B335is.  They have no unpaid accounts left.  All accounts have been paid in full so I'll recommend Bank of America.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 19 of 33
newhis
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@UTK_GOBO wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Tell your friend to logon to online banking, do a secured chat and ask to change the regular card to the 3-2-1 card. The card will still be secured but with cash rewards. I did this when I first got the card even before I got the plastic (I saw online that was a regular card). In 4 months with the card I already got more than the AF.

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.