Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best time to ask for CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best time to ask for CLI?

In July I opened a CapOne Venture card with $15k SL, and am currently about $160 away from hitting the 40k mileage bonus for chargin 3 grand the first 90 days. Would it be a good time to ask for a CLI at that time, or is there some magic formula that governs when one should do that?

My scores are in the 680 range last time I checked, but I did app and got approved for CSP 16k a few days ago, so it may be a tad lower atm.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
newhis
Valued Contributor

Re: Best time to ask for CLI?

With Cap1 the CLIs are SP, so you can try any time. If they don't give you a good increase just deny the offer and wait a week or two and try again.

Around day 60 I tried on my Venture and they offered $500 or so, at day 75 they offered $3,000. Good luck.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool. Thanks for the tip about the SP. I didn't know that. I went ahead and requested one and hopefully get some good news in my inbox soon.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

99% of the time when when they say "you will get a decision in mail in..... Business days" it means denial I have the quicksilver VISA $3000 CL and it has not even been 2 months and I already charged almost 3 grand and paid in full with multiple payments to keep a low balance.I still can't get a cli I'll wait 4 more months
Message 4 of 5
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
99% of the time when when they say "you will get a decision in mail in..... Business days" it means denial I have the quicksilver VISA $3000 CL and it has not even been 2 months and I already charged almost 3 grand and paid in full with multiple payments to keep a low balance.I still can't get a cli I'll wait 4 more months

You can't really expect a CLI after 2 months. Like you said, generally, have to wait for 6 months.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.