Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best travel rewards card!

tag
Madyun1982
Regular Contributor

Best travel rewards card!

Hello everyone!
I was wondering what is the best travel card? My friend travels twice a year internationally.
Her data points are as follows
Ex 808 Eq 809 Trans 808
2 hard inquiries on all reports
No lates or baddies
Cards she currently have
Cap1 quick silver 9000
Chase slate 2000
Citi rewards 3000
Boa 14,000
Thanks in advance for any help
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Best travel rewards card!

Chase Sapphire Reserve is a popular general-purpose travel card. Good rewards, travel protections, and customer service. The $450 AF is mostly offset by a $300 travel credit.

Does she have a favored airline or hotel chain?

Also use the search tool. There are a lot of threads about travel cards in general.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 6
Madyun1982
Regular Contributor

She likes to travel United.. I don't think she has a girl preference. Being that she normally stay at resorts.. But I'll have her look at the forums here. To see what she think may fit her needs.
Thank you
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 4 of 6
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Madyun1982 wrote:
She likes to travel United.. I don't think she has a girl preference. Being that she normally stay at resorts.. But I'll have her look at the forums here. To see what she think may fit her needs.
Thank you

For a United flyer, it's hard to go wrong with CSR. Chase UR cards (Sapphire, Freedom, Ink) are an efficient way to earn points that can become United miles.

*Note that this requires at least one UR card with an annual fee. Also, I'm assuming she books her United flights through a United loyalty account (rather than a partner airline like Air Canada).

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 5 of 6
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Since CSR has been the only answer given, other cards to look at include Amex (Gold or Platinum and Everyday or Everyday Preferred, Gold isn’t necessarily a “travel” card but may be a good fit for twice a year), US Bank Altitude Reserve if eligible, Cap1 Venture is becoming more worthwhile all the time also. Wells Fargo Propel seems to be a solid option. Arrival+ from Barclays could be an option. Citi as well. Lots of choices

CSR and CSP are great cards but look into more of them.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.