cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best unsecured credit card for low fico scores

tag
kwatk2007

Best unsecured credit card for low fico scores

Do anyone know of or have gotten approved for a unsecured credit card with fico scores similar too 581,621,651 and what company has the best offer ,currently have no unsecured credit cards fico scores was in the 700's until got hit with a old bill from 04 working on that. Have only one open tradeline for student loan and trying to open new tradelines so I can eventually get a home loan, need to get at least 3 tradelines...

thanks
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: Best unsecured credit card for low fico scores

Right off the bat, unless you have major unpaid collections I would say Cap1 should be a shoo in.  Annual fee of around $39 for you most likely.... $200-300 CL which should jump to 2k by the first anniversary if you keep your record spotless.   Do the pre-qual application on their site.  There is no hard INQ with that unless you go ahead and apply.

There are many other cards which would approve with your scores, but as you are aware, you can get denied due to having under 2 or so TLs.

You can also read the boards for the BoA 99/500 card.  It is partially secured but does not report as secured.  You should be able to get that but no guarantees.  They will unsecure it at some point if you use it well.

edit: err not shoe on, shoo in!  Mommy mode...

Message Edited by SmartCookie on 11-06-2007 08:11 PM
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol how many do you want me to list Smiley Happy?

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

some say it's a bit outdated but I found it still useful- try whogavemecredit.com and search by scores and then scroll down to who pasted in the last couple of mos.
Message 4 of 11
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

ashabbir1 wrote:
lol how many do you want me to list Smiley Happy?

All that he won't waste a hard INQ on for having too few TLs to qualify to app if you've got some!
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol i have endless list Smiley Happy

total visa
rewards visa
tribute
imagine
cortrust
first savings bank
continental finance

do you want me to keep going Smiley Happy?

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

ashabbir1  how do you know so much about cc's? =)
Message 7 of 11
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

I don't mean those companies!  Smiley Tongue  He wants 'best' so something as primely sub-prime as Cap1 that he can grow with a little with his scores for an establishing card. 

Message Edited by SmartCookie on 11-06-2007 08:26 PM
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, my scores were slightly lower than yours, and I got a Cap One with no annual fee, even with an old CO and unpaid CA.
Message 9 of 11
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

MisterTor wrote:
Yep, my scores were slightly lower than yours, and I got a Cap One with no annual fee, even with an old CO and unpaid CA.

That score range typically constitutes the $39 fee, not even the $19 fee.  Usually they will send you the pre-app offer in the mail

How did you manage to get a fee free card, that's awesome!  Did you not get an offer and just go on the site and pick a it and app?  Very rare, please share!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.