cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to get a CLI: by phone or by LUV button?

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Best way to get a CLI: by phone or by LUV button?

In you guys' experience, did you have better results clicking online for a CLI request or calling them in person?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Best way to get a CLI: by phone or by LUV button?

I would call first.  There may be a reason that you wont qqualify for the CLI that the CSR can check without a inq in your CR.  For example:  Age of the account, date of last CLI, late payment.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It depends, but I usually call. Reason being, is that sometimes you may not qualify and they will let you know if they think you won't, or suggest a lower amount, or let you know that now may not be the best time and what would be the best time to try again.
Message 3 of 5
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I have always called.  I can sometimes get a feel for what is happening with the better cards that way
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

MidnightVoice wrote:
I have always called.  I can sometimes get a feel for what is happening with the better cards that way

Right. Also, you may be approved, but they might suggest that they feel like you would be approved for a 2500 increase rather than a 5K increase. So they tend to be able to tell you what is more likely to be approved beforehand even if it is going to be a soft inq.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.