Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BestBuy MC Rewards now citi

tag
halos24
Frequent Contributor

BestBuy MC Rewards now citi

I was logging into my BBMC Rewards card and noticed the following in the log in screen:

Important Account Notice
Beginning September 6, 2013 your Reward Zone MasterCard will be owned by Citibank, N.A.. From September 5 - 9, this website will be available for viewing account information only. Account management features including online payments, emergency card replacements, update contact information etc. will be unavailable during this period. As of September 9 you will need to register your account through Citibank, N.A. to continue managing your account online.

Is this just the BestBuy MC card or also Best Buy? I hope this is good, because my card was never going to grow being backed by capital one.
MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Jerryf08
New Contributor

Re: BestBuy MC Rewards now citi

@halos24 wrote:
I was logging into my BBMC Rewards card and noticed the following in the log in screen:

Important Account Notice
Beginning September 6, 2013 your Reward Zone MasterCard will be owned by Citibank, N.A.. From September 5 - 9, this website will be available for viewing account information only. Account management features including online payments, emergency card replacements, update contact information etc. will be unavailable during this period. As of September 9 you will need to register your account through Citibank, N.A. to continue managing your account online.

Is this just the BestBuy MC card or also Best Buy? I hope this is good, because my card was never going to grow being backed by capital one.

I believe its only the MC, I have the regular store card and I don't get any notices concerning the switch to Citi

Chase Freedom: $5000, CSP: $12800 Chase Hyatt: $5000, Amazon Visa: $500, Amex BCE: $23200, Discover IT: $3600, Walmart Disc: $7500, BOA Cash $5000, Best Buy: $3500
Message 2 of 13
halos24
Frequent Contributor

I guess the MC is the only one converting. My husband has the store card and nothing. But, looks like any new issues cards are backed by Citi.

Message 3 of 13
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

most likely it's bc the one converting to citi is the one currently issued by cap one Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 4 of 13
mxp114
Valued Contributor

I don't have the card but I checked the store card site and it also has the notice. The cards are now now called My Best BuyTM MasterCard®  and My Best BuyTM Credit Card. The web site is http://bestbuy.accountonline.com/ and these accounts will be handled independently from Citicards CNBA. No PCing into Citicard products and no CL merges, etc. I know a lot of people were excited/hopeful that they could get in with Citi :/ New plastics to be issued in October.

Message 5 of 13
Ron1
Super Contributor

It didn't say my BB RZ MC will become Citicards next month. It looks thy have two different type of BBY cards. One is issued by Cap 1 and Citi.

Ron.
Message 6 of 13
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:
It didn't say my BB RZ MC will become Citicards next month. It looks thy have two different type of BBY cards. One is issued by Cap 1 and Citi.

Ron.

All Best Buy accounts owned by Capital One Financial are going to Citi Retail Services, a division of Citibank USA NA and not Citicards CBNA. The deal made no mention of exceptions or exclusions. The info is also posted on both sites for store and RZMC login.

Message 7 of 13
halos24
Frequent Contributor

On my log in it said on September 9th I would have to re-register on the new site with Citi. I'm assuming they will be sending new cards.

Message 8 of 13
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Capital One I hardly knew ye.

Message 9 of 13
jeffery581
Established Contributor

talk about getting shoved around.

I wonder if the payment address will be the same?

my conoco changed from citi to ge as well this month.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.