cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BestBuy Store Card - NO CLI after 6 months!!

tag
dondk
Valued Member

Re: BestBuy Store Card - NO CLI after 6 months!!

I threatened to close, they sent me to a supervisor who then asked me why and what did he have to do to keep my business. I told him, he granted on the spot.

the previous times, I was denied too.. then a few days later got a letter in the mail telling me I had a "small" CLI. Bottom line, in my opinion they are clueless and with that I sent that card to the sock drawer, I was tired of dealing with games
Message 11 of 28
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

@thebostonredsox wrote:
Does anyone have any insight as to why they won't approve a CLI? I've read about many people that received substantial CLI's at the 6 month mark.

What have you done to make them think they need to give you a CLI?
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

MidnightVoice wrote:
what have you done to make them think they need to give you a CLI?

I realize credit is an important part of life. But i dont feel anyone should beg a lender for additional credit . I say after 6 months if they dont auto increase my limit i will move on. I also feel HSBC is crap.To bad for best buy i love that place.
Message 13 of 28
wmarat
Valued Contributor

I have not been able to get CLI on my JCP for year. If I do not get cli next month I am going to pay in JCP by my Macy's Visa.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 14 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I say if a card don't grant u a CLI in a hold year stop using the card point blank.
Message 15 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem is that we can;t really make comments on any one persons situation not knowing their history with the card.  If all someone charges is $25 items and then PIF, most CC will not increase limit.  They want to see high balances that are PIF or paid down every month.  Smae with credit cards.  Some people act like credit card companies owe us anything.  remember, we are the ones asking them to give us money, not the other way around.  I agree it is frustrating, but in the current market in particular, it is not surprising.

Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem is that we can;t really make comments on any one persons situation not knowing their history with the card. If all someone charges is $25 items and then PIF, most CC will not increase limit. They want to see high balances that are PIF or paid down every month. Smae with credit cards. Some people act like credit card companies owe us anything. remember, we are the ones asking them to give us money, not the other way around. I agree it is frustrating, but in the current market in particular, it is not surprising.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I disagree with what you said. I'm using they're card and making them money I feel like they do OWE me. I feel like this is a business relationship. If both parties aren't happy then 1 of us has to end the relationship. I don't know about you but besides using them for credit I wouldn't even touch a credit card. And if you r using that card responsibility and they don't give you 1 don't use it r just Fire them. Do you think these banks r loaning money just to be nice?

Message Edited by l9ikjam on 09-21-2008 09:31 PM
Message 17 of 28
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Charging any sum of money on card and PIFing it I show to lender that I am responsible, debt free user. Lender makes money on fees and if lender does not want to grow with me lender is going to lose those fees.
Credit is not one way road. If I have shown to lender that I manage my finances responsibly, lender should be more than happy grant me CLI and most lenders do grant CLI's.
Indeed this is lender's money and lender has legal right to CLI, CLD, FR or even close down an account. Lener giveth and lender taketh, but if I am not happy with this lender I take my business to another lender who is more intrested in my business.

mickie08 wrote:
The problem is that we can;t really make comments on any one persons situation not knowing their history with the card.  If all someone charges is $25 items and then PIF, most CC will not increase limit.  They want to see high balances that are PIF or paid down every month.  Smae with credit cards.  Some people act like credit card companies owe us anything.  remember, we are the ones asking them to give us money, not the other way around.  I agree it is frustrating, but in the current market in particular, it is not surprising.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 18 of 28
thebostonredsox
Regular Contributor

UPDATE ! I decided to call Best Buy Credit and speak to an anaylst. Evidently, they do not do a soft when you request a CLI, so if your score has improved they would not know it. When I requested a CLI, they were using the original info from my CR when I first applied for the card. Although there were no derogs on there, they said that my score was not high enough for a CLI.

I asked the analyst to pull a new CR as my score is higher than when I first got the card. She agreed and a few minutes later told me that she could increase my CL from $1500 to $3600. She also commented that my score was 100 points higher than when I got the card (that seemed a bit high; I estimated my score to be about 40 points higher). So I had to take a hard inquiry, but it was worth it. Incidentally, they pulled Equifax.

In any event it was certainly worth taking the time to recon this with Best Buy.

Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the success. That is a fab CL jump for them!  Great job!

(P.S. love your username - I'm sure if you said anything about the Yankees you would not have had so much success)  Smiley Wink

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.