Beware of Capital One New Credit Cards For Average Credit

tag
mrfufoppss
Frequent Contributor

Beware of Capital One New Credit Cards For Average Credit

They Have a Savor One for Average Credit
Comes with No Sub or apr Promo
and the Highest Apr possible 26.99
Also New Quiksilver and QuiksilverOne for Average Credit that follows suit as that Savor One for Average Credit
They still have the Other versions for Good or Excellent Credit of course those will come with the Sub and Apr promo etc
if you recently got approve for a Cap1 card and didnt recieve nothing but a 26.99 apr you will most likely be in the Bucket for a while

AOD FCU PLOC 10,000
NAVY FED CLOC 3000

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Beware of Capital One New Credit Cards For Average Credit

This is well known information on the forums, although some people do occasionally get out capital one's bucket. APR shouldn't matter anyway, if you are PIF. As for CLIs, capital one is good for rebuilding but most people move onto better cards with higher limits and move on. 

My Quicksilver is in the bucket. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 31
Remedios
Credit Mentor

That's really not "beware" situation as all you stated above is clearly spelled on their website. It's not something they sneak in after one applies.
Not everyone will qualify for SUB or lowest APR. These Jr. versions are there for those who dont quite qualify for "prime" versions, but want cards with similar benefits.

Besides, you forgot the part where there is no AF on Savor One, so for some that may partially compensate for no SUB.
It's not shady because you know exactly what you're getting before you apply.
Message 3 of 31
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Although my credit is excellent I have the pre-quals for these cards without bonus or intro apr's granted they are at an awesome 19.99% apr.  They do certainly go lower.  I don't have average credit and excellent credit in the 800 range or above depending, but appears as mentioned they don't want to give me a bonus/intro apr so not necessarily an average credit card or one stuck at 26.99 apr either.  I certainly won't be taking this card as every card I have is better then ones being offered from Cap1. 

Message 4 of 31
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriosity  Have you tried their prequal recently for scientific purposes?

This month was the first time since my new accounts carnage that I've seen anything from them.

Message 5 of 31
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:

@CreditCuriosity  Have you tried their prequal recently for scientific purposes?

This month was the first time since my new accounts carnage that I've seen anything from them.

Yes within the last month is when I have been offered the cards with no subs/intro aprs offered at 19.99% apr.  Assume they are the ones for average credit or possibly excellent credit but with same thing being the subs removed?  Terms and conditions of at least the Visa mention Signatures are > 5k otherwise plats are given to lower CL's so not sure if average credit has that language in it, etc..

Do your @Remedios have the sign-up bonuses attached?  I assume Cap1 within last month certainly changed something to get people that they are skipping that just want the card kinda like AMEX without bonuses etc?  Shrug

Message 6 of 31
Remedios
Credit Mentor

QS had the SUB.
Other prequals were Savor One and Venture One, I think same APR as you mentioned, but no soup for the spend.
I really dont want them and I'm convinced it would go something like "Here is $1000.00, knock yourself out"
Message 7 of 31
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Pretty sure that's a SUB

Screenshot_20191115-055138.jpg

Message 8 of 31
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:
QS had the SUB.
Other prequals were Savor One and Venture One, I think same APR as you mentioned, but no soup for the spend.
I really dont want them and I'm convinced it would go something like "Here is $1000.00, knock yourself out"

Yep same 3 cards plus platinum "preferred" lol which has a low i think 15.x apr and 0 intro apr.. Yawn.

Message 9 of 31
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner  once you ran prequal, it changes to no SUB for some of us. I can see the SUB on their main card page, but once I fill and submit prequal, it proofs. 

Reading, yo 😐

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.