Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beyond worried discover technical issue during account combination

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Beyond worried discover technical issue during account combination

so I have 2 discover cards which regularly get increases and always double.dip never has been an issue, however everytime after reflecting on my app that it approved its then reversed to the original amount before I requested any increase. 100% of the time without fail first few times it took them a while to correct it like 10minutes each time, they said they noted this on the account now when I call in they see the remark I assume and instantly correct the issue never been told no or that its a problem. THE ISSUE IS I had both cards merged  it reflected the change however I had a Balance on the card that I transferred the credit from. So I ended up with one card showing I very fairly high credit limit as if both cards are combined a month later after already paying the account off having both at 0. my account now has a card with both credit limits and.my second card has has never been closed i called to inquire and.for some reason they assumed i asked for a credit limit increase which was approved because i was like ummm yeah that would be awesome and they did it and the account s are still open and it doubled my limits basically so now im.sitting at way more than half my income

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Wrong topic board Beyond worried discover technical issue

Was there a question in your post?

Congratulations on your increase?

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes the cards are supposed to be combined into one account. I had the card I opened second closed and merged into the first card giving me a 15.5k credit limit, the card that was supposed to be closed had a balance of 200 which I paid off after. Why is my card still open? I have both credit cards active on my screen I can use the card thats supposed to be closed, and when I asked about the error because I didn't want any adverse action due to idk something like gaming the system , instead they misunderstood and just increased.my cc limit on my closed account to 10k. Can they come back and close my accounts for something they did? As in maybe close the account in a bad status ?I even called and said nothing about increasing my credit limit.

Message 3 of 10
AllZero
Mega Contributor

I think your best course of action would be contacting CSR again and getting the situation rectified. I don't think you would see any AA Adverse Action because of their error.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you lol glad I asled I was going to just cut the card and not talk or use it ever again but leave it open but good point better safe then sorry right now

Message 5 of 10
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you lol glad I asled I was going to just cut the card and not talk or use it ever again but leave it open but good point better safe then sorry right now

In this climate and Discover asking for 4506-T, yes, better safe than sorry. If the card is your daily driver, you want to ensure it's in good standing. Good luck. Hope it turns out well.

Message 6 of 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous  

I've slightly edited your post as you've indicated it's in the wrong forum.

That's been fixed.

Also, I've edited title to remove "Post in wrong place" so members dont get confused.  

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you sorry didn't know how to changenita location 

Message 8 of 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Disco does like Cap1. The card is closed but you still have access to your statement records in case you need it. I have a closed 1st card from Disco and its still shows everything like it was never closed. In time it will go away. Took Cap1 a year from my old Plat/QS and QS1 to be nerfed on the homepage.

Message 9 of 10
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Shhhhhhh. Never speak of it again! Out of sight, out of mind....

Lmao! I got a good chuckle out of that....

I would just work with a CSR, explain the error in detail and (maybe) due to their error, they'll be generous and transfer the additional CL you received on the closed card to the 1st card, as well. Never know....

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.