Not applicable

Big Lots store card...

OK... Whose rockin' a Big Lots card?.. Don't be shy... Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Re: Big Lots store card...

I am! $1250 SL and hasn't budged. I stumbled onto the SCT, accepted and have regretted. Card is only good in store, can't be used for online purchases. I hate going in stores.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who backs the card?  Every time I'm at the register at Big Lots the cashier always tries to push the card on me, but I always decline.

I don't even know the benefit(s) of it... 5% off perhaps?

Message 3 of 11
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Who backs the card?  Every time I'm at the register at Big Lots the cashier always tries to push the card on me, but I always decline.

I don't even know the benefit(s) of it... 5% off perhaps?

Comenity I think.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4 of 11
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Comenity. Approved my automatically on website and sent me a card that doesn't work on their website.

Card has no expiration date or security code.

There are some savings and other benefits, but you have to use it in store.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikesonthemend wrote:

I am! $1250 SL and hasn't budged. I stumbled onto the SCT, accepted and have regretted. Card is only good in store, can't be used for online purchases. I hate going in stores.

I know that a lot of times the workers there are swamped. Wondering how they handle the app process in person. Cant be too much of a routine for them as the only promotion I've experienced is for their "Rewards" program which is seperate from the card app.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

BTW HP or SP? Imagine if they triple banged you like a Capital One CC? Holy cow that would ruin someone's day. They would have to buy me dinner first for that much lovin'. Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 11
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mikesonthemend wrote:

I know that a lot of times the workers there are swamped. Wondering how they handle the app process in person. Cant be too much of a routine for them as the only promotion I've experienced is for their "Rewards" program which is seperate from the card app.

Their Point of Sale system has it all covered. Once I was having a hard time finding my card, cashier just asked for my name, she had my info before I found my card.

The card has some rewards, but the only thing I cared about was zero% financing. You have to spend $750 to get special financing. My account is only $1250. I am not going to put 750 on it, even at 0. My other Comenity account, IKEA, is at $6250. I wish I had never accepted this card.

Apply online. Thought I was getting a SP, ended up a HP on EQ.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you app online its a SP vs a HP in store? Is there a luv button for CLI or is it sort of a Frankencard with its own DNA and strange quirks? 😂
Message 9 of 11
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
If you app online its a SP vs a HP in store? Is there a luv button for CLI or is it sort of a Frankencard with its own DNA and strange quirks? 😂

Was a HP online for me, not sure about in store. Yes, their is a request credit limit increase link. Other than not being able to use it online, the website is just like other Comenity sites.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.