Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Me Later...Good or Bad

tag
goodgirl-badcredit
Frequent Contributor

Bill Me Later...Good or Bad

I was looking to do a little Christmas shopping on line. I have been receiving emails from paypal stating that  I am preapproved for a bill me later account. I want to use it for the 3 months no interest. Do you know who they pull? The score needed? Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

gg-bc

Starting Score: 3/21 EQ 636 TU 669
Current Score: 12/30 EQ 740 TU 712 EX ??? ....
Goal Score: Yay... I reached my goal of 700!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bill Me Later...Good or Bad

@goodgirl-badcredit wrote:

I was looking to do a little Christmas shopping on line. I have been receiving emails from paypal stating that  I am preapproved for a bill me later account. I want to use it for the 3 months no interest. Do you know who they pull? The score needed? Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

gg-bc

I found these older threads talking about this. You might find something helpful.

Bill Me Later

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 38
marty56
Super Contributor

I have used Bill Me Later and it's a great deal, as long as you PIF before the term date.  Also Newegg has a Bill Me Later based charge card that you get a CL on and it never reports. 

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have used it a couple of times.  They do a hard pull on your first transaction.  It use to be run by Citi I believe but I think it's GEMB now.  When GEMB took over they did another hard pull which iritated me a little.  Today when I logged on to pay the $28.48 I owed it said my available credit was $1,971.52 . This is first time I've seen this.  It does not report to the Credit Bureau.  Here's some info that came up when I clicked on credit line.

Good news: Bill Me Later accounts have available credit. Your available credit is determined by deducting your outstanding balance from your Bill Me Later credit line.

Even better news: This credit line is just that – a line, not a limit. You may be able to increase your credit line simply by using Bill Me Later to shop online. For each purchase you make, we'll make a decision in just seconds. You'll know immediately if we can extend your credit line. It's that easy!

There's no risk: If we can't increase your credit line at this time, we'll let you know why. But don’t worry, your credit report will not be affected – and there are no fees or penalties – so there's no downside to trying to increase your buying power.

Message 4 of 38
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

Peaches4524, where did you find your buying power amount on you log-in?  I've had BML for 1.5yrs and i've never seen this actually stated. 

ETA:  I called in to find out my buying power and it's only $1,000.  The lending is provided by:

As of September 1, 2010, updates to your Privacy Policy went

into effect and the Lender changed from CIT Bank, Salt Lake

City, Utah to WebBank, Salt Lake City, Utah.

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 5 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was incorrect about GEMB it's actually WebBank.  That's what it says at the bottom of the page

When I sign in it's on the left hand side of the screen

Current Balance:$28.48

Available Credit: at least $1,971.52 ( Learn More )

Message 6 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

The available credit line wasn't there a couple of weeks ago when I checked for my balance owed.  It just showed up recently.

Message 7 of 38
RozBuds
Regular Contributor

No credit line amount on my screen. I have never seen one and have been using Bill Me Later for probably five years. I would be curious. I think they are great.

@Anonymous wrote:

The available credit line wasn't there a couple of weeks ago when I checked for my balance owed.  It just showed up recently.

Message 8 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked my credit reports and it looks like they pulled Equifax both times

Message 9 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RozBuds wrote:

No credit line amount on my screen. I have never seen one and have been using Bill Me Later for probably five years. I would be curious. I think they are great.

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you registered at www.billmelater.com?  Not sure if that would matter but maybe.  You can still access your account through PayPal. 

Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.