Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Me Later...Good or Bad

tag
RozBuds
Regular Contributor

Re: Bill Me Later...Good or Bad

I believe I did. I access all my info and pay my bill at the Bill Me Later Site. I've never know it to be available for accessing through any other site as far as my info and account details.

@Anonymous wrote:

@RozBuds wrote:

No credit line amount on my screen. I have never seen one and have been using Bill Me Later for probably five years. I would be curious. I think they are great.

@Anonymous wrote:

The available credit line wasn't there a couple of weeks ago when I checked for my balance owed.  It just showed up recently.

Did you registered at www.billmelater.com?  Not sure if that would matter but maybe.  You can still access your account through PayPal. 

Message 11 of 38
RozBuds
Regular Contributor

Peaches I just logged in to my PayPal account and can't find a link for Bill Me Later. Where would I find that link? Thanks.

Message 12 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm...I don't know.  I signed up about 7 months ago through PayPal.  Then went to www.billmelater.com to set up an online account.  But if I go into Paypal it has Bill Me Later on there and you can pay and look at your statement.  If you click on either one through paypal it takes you to the billmelater web site.  Maybe they are changing accounts and they just haven't gotten to yours yet. 

I was happy to see the CL on there, I was a little bit anxious about using it because I feared they would pull another hard pull on my credit but maybe not.

Message 13 of 38
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

I always ONLY go to BML site to check my account, I never knew I could check my account from the merchant sites.  Anyway, I look and looked and my CL isn't there, if you want to know your CL/buying power, you have to call BML customer service. 

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 14 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is what comes up under "My Account" tab.

Welcome, ME Last log in November 19, 2010 11:31 AM PST

• PayPal balance:   $0.00 USD

Bill Me Later®, a PayPal service

Last statement balance: $28.48 USD|Current balance: $28.48 USD

Minimum payment due: $28.48 USD (by 11/23/2010)Schedule Payment

View statement We'll connect you to BillMeLater.com | Set alertsWe'll connect you to BillMeLater.com

Message 15 of 38
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

That's the paypal log-in account.  Everyone that use BML doesn't shop on paypal.  The OP is talking about Bill Me Later not the merchants that accept it. If you go to your Bill Me Later account, you won't find a CL or Buying Power Limit, I hope this helps you. 

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 16 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kiwill wrote:

That's the paypal log-in account.  Everyone that use BML doesn't shop on paypal.  The OP is talking about Bill Me Later not the merchants that accept it. If you go to your Bill Me Later account, you won't find a CL or Buying Power Limit, I hope this helps you. 

Sorry, I was addressing Rosebud's question regarding getting the BillMeLater Information & Link from  the PayPal site.  For some reason not everybody gets the Bill Me Later Information on their Pay Pal account.  Pay Pal actually owns Bill Me Later.

When I go to Billmelater.com and sign in from that website I get the CL information showing on the left hand side of the page.  So, I don't know why everybody isn't getting it.  Maybe they are in the process of upgrading accounts because it definitely wasn't there two weeks ago when I signed into Bill Me Later.

It's a nice service and now that I know what CL they have assigned I'm more likely to use it.

Message 17 of 38
JMN
Frequent Contributor

My account doesn't yet show a limit. I know my "purchasing power" is around $7,500 or so, since that's what my first purchase with them was approved for, and my credit is similar to what it was back then (740ish FICO), so it's probably the same.
My NewEgg BML account has a credit limit assigned, at $15,000.
I'm happy with both services. Customer service is good (Maryland-based, from my experience), and it's easy to use. Just gotta make sure you pay it off before the interest rate kicks in, otherwise you'll pay quite a bit on them. Smiley Wink

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 18 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JMN wrote:

My account doesn't yet show a limit. I know my "purchasing power" is around $7,500 or so, since that's what my first purchase with them was approved for, and my credit is similar to what it was back then (740ish FICO), so it's probably the same.
My NewEgg BML account has a credit limit assigned, at $15,000.
I'm happy with both services. Customer service is good (Maryland-based, from my experience), and it's easy to use. Just gotta make sure you pay it off before the interest rate kicks in, otherwise you'll pay quite a bit on them. Smiley Wink

Maybe I"m in an episode of the "Twilight Zone".  I don't think I'm imagining it.  I went online today to verify my payment posted and now it's saying my Credit Line is "at least $2,000'.  It also has a NEW feature called Cash Back.  It said that select number of accounts are being setup with this feature.  So, I signed up for that as well.  But you have to make your purchases through their site.  Looks like they have quite a selection of stores you can purchase from and get the cash back.  Most of them are around 1% but they say it's as high as 10%. 

Message 19 of 38
RozBuds
Regular Contributor

Here is FAQ from Bill Me Later and PayPal about BML Credit Lines. So far I have not ever seen a credit line for my BML account and I can only access it through the BML website. I didn't register through PayPal.

Credit line Info From Bill Me Later Website

Do I have a credit line and how much is it?

Yes. Once you open a Bill Me Later account you will have a credit line, which we call your "buying power".

Once you have completed your first purchase using Bill Me Later, we at WebBank open a Bill Me Later account with buying power equal to the amount of your purchase or $500, whichever is greater. You can now use Bill Me Later to make additional purchases. If those purchases would cause your outstanding balance to go above your buying power, then we will reevaluate your buying power and may increase it, subject to credit approval. This happens seamlessly during the checkout process you don't need to do anything and it won't slow down your checkout.

On an ongoing basis, your buying power will be either the highest total of balances you have had outstanding on your account at any time or a lower amount of which you have received notice, but will not be less than $500. Here's an example of how this works:

• · If your first purchase using Bill Me Later is $350 dollars, your initial buying power will be $500.
  • · If before you pay your first bill you make another purchase for $300, we will adjust your buying power to $650. (This increase is subject to credit approval if it's declined, we will send you a notice explaining why.)
  • · If you then pay off $350 of your first bill, you will have $350 of buying power remaining. If you want to make another purchase using Bill Me Later for more than $350, we will make a dynamic assessment to increase your buying power again (subject to credit approval).
  • · You can always continue to make additional purchases up to your outstanding buying power, and we will consider increasing your buying power when your purchase goes above it

Credit line Info  From PayPal website

Do I have a credit line and how much is it?

CIT Bank does not issue a credit line. To enhance your convenience, security and buying power, CIT Bank approves and extends credit for each transaction.

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.