Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Me Later...Good or Bad

tag
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bill Me Later...Good or Bad

Peaches4524 was correct, SORRY.  It appears she must have been one of the first of many to have this new detail on her BML login account.  I received an email today giving me all the details of my account and CL so I logged on and sure enough, it was there.  It's a credit line and not a credit limit. 

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 21 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kiwill wrote:

Peaches4524 was correct, SORRY.  It appears she must have been one of the first of many to have this new detail on her BML login account.  I received an email today giving me all the details of my account and CL so I logged on and sure enough, it was there.  It's a credit line and not a credit limit. 

Thank goodness somebody else's account shows this detail.  I was begging to think everybody thought I was crazy.

Message 22 of 38
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

DW just go an account and is using it.   She says it is good.

Message 23 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wolf3 wrote:

It's going to work good for Xmas.  My daughter has 3 boys, the youngest being 4 months.  He was in the hospital intensive care for almost a week so she's in the midst of paying hospital bills.  So, I'm going to let you use my bill me later account to get the boys some Xmas gifts.  If you go through their website to Walmart they have a buy $250 and get 6 months free interest.  This way she can get the boys some Christmas Gifts and take a little time to pay for it.  And best of all it wont show on my credit report! 

Message 24 of 38
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Wolf3 wrote:

It's going to work good for Xmas.  My daughter has 3 boys, the youngest being 4 months.  He was in the hospital intensive care for almost a week so she's in the midst of paying hospital bills.  So, I'm going to let you use my bill me later account to get the boys some Xmas gifts.  If you go through their website to Walmart they have a buy $250 and get 6 months free interest.  This way she can get the boys some Christmas Gifts and take a little time to pay for it.  And best of all it wont show on my credit report! 

DW is using the no payments no interest untill June 2011.    Of course, if you don't PIF by then, you pay all the interest from day 1.   One has to be careful. 

Message 25 of 38
goodgirl-badcredit
Frequent Contributor

So.... Since I am finished with my Christmas shopping..... I decided that I really miss my mom & dad and my nephews so I went to Airtran and booked a flight, hit the bill me later button.. Filled out a few things and BAM!!!!! Approved.... I will be spending the week before Christmas with my mom.... The great part is she doesn't even know it. Im going to surprise her..I am so excited. Now if I can find a cheap rental car at the airport!!!!!! lol

Thanks

gg-bc

Starting Score: 3/21 EQ 636 TU 669
Current Score: 12/30 EQ 740 TU 712 EX ??? ....
Goal Score: Yay... I reached my goal of 700!!!

Message 26 of 38
crazysxycool
Regular Contributor

@goodgirl-badcredit wrote:

So.... Since I am finished with my Christmas shopping..... I decided that I really miss my mom & dad and my nephews so I went to Airtran and booked a flight, hit the bill me later button.. Filled out a few things and BAM!!!!! Approved.... I will be spending the week before Christmas with my mom.... The great part is she doesn't even know it. Im going to surprise her..I am so excited. Now if I can find a cheap rental car at the airport!!!!!! lol

Thanks

gg-bc

Hey goodgirl - I thought I read somewhere that you can't use BillMeLater to purchase airfare.  Did they recently change that?

And yes, my credit line is also showing on the left side of my account.  To everyone who's concerned it's not showing up in PayPal, I think it's because you have to make a purchase through PayPal or eBay.  That's my understanding from BML customer service.

Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)

Message 27 of 38
goodgirl-badcredit
Frequent Contributor

@crazysxycool..... They have a lot of travel merchants.... 

Also how long after you applied did bill me later send you information about your account? 

Starting Score: 3/21 EQ 636 TU 669
Current Score: 12/30 EQ 740 TU 712 EX ??? ....
Goal Score: Yay... I reached my goal of 700!!!

Message 28 of 38
crazysxycool
Regular Contributor

@goodgirl-badcredit wrote:

@crazysxycool..... They have a lot of travel merchants.... 

Also how long after you applied did bill me later send you information about your account? 

Well I received a welcome email right after I made my first purchase.  I didn't get a bill until 30 days after I think.  There was no info about my credit line amount so I called them and was given that info over the phone.

Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)

Message 29 of 38
RozBuds
Regular Contributor

Okay...I just received my e-mail from Bill Me later with my CL. I never knew what it was. Instead of a mass mailing they must be going in baby steps for notifying. Or possibly as they update each account then the notification goes out. Anyway not a bad CL $2500. I wonder if they are going to start reporting?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Kiwill wrote:

Thank goodness somebody else's account shows this detail.  I was begging to think everybody thought I was crazy.

Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.