Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Me Later - Update Annual Income

tag
shane82388
Established Contributor

Bill Me Later - Update Annual Income

I just got bill me later and was looking through the site and noticed there is an option to update your income. Has anyone done this?

Has it affected you ability to increase your limit etc?

Never was asked income on application so it's kinda like I don't wanna mess anything up but maybe if I put in my income my ability to spend past the $1001 limit would be improved? Paid it all in full so far but want to buy items the $1k limit won't cover and they currently won't extend me.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Tran92
Regular Contributor

Re: Bill Me Later - Update Annual Income

Yea I noticed that too about two weeks ago. I been with the same limit for 6 months now so I decided to enter my income for a chance of an auto CLI. So far it's a no go. I'm too scared to try purchasing somethison more than my limit to see if I get approved  because I don't want to end up buying it lol . 

TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+

Message 2 of 15
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

Don't think it matters. I went thru my limit in less than a month and try to get a increase and they wouldn't approve me. I'm not surprised since it's only been a couple weeks since i opened the account.

Message 3 of 15
sphinx313
Established Contributor

The obvious way is to use most or more than the limit they give you in a short period of time so you can show a reason for needing the CLI. The income thing is very broad because you can basically put anything in there initially. I don't see CLI's happening for a few months but I've also never used BML. Who backs them?

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 15
shane82388
Established Contributor

@sphinx313 wrote:

The obvious way is to use most or more than the limit they give you in a short period of time so you can show a reason for needing the CLI. The income thing is very broad because you can basically put anything in there initially. I don't see CLI's happening for a few months but I've also never used BML. Who backs them?

WebBank does.

If you try to buy something over your limit im sure you can jsut cancel the order right away after you are approved and then id imagine your limit would still remain raised...?

Message 5 of 15
Tran92
Regular Contributor

I don't think so because it ask for your payment like regular online carts, but you won't know you are approve unless you place the order.
TU 746 (10/13)

Message 6 of 15
shane82388
Established Contributor

@Tran92 wrote:
I don't think so because it ask for your payment like regular online carts, but you won't know you are approve unless you place the order.

Right...and im sure you could cancel the order long before it ships or is even beginning to be processed.

Message 7 of 15
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Bill Me Later doesn't even report their tradeline. They give weird CLs and their charge dispute is terrible. I think my CL was like 660 or something. It took me 3 months to dispute a charge with Bill Me Later. Even though the charge was on my BML account, they said the transaction happened through paypal and that I had to talk to them. When I got Paypal on the line, they said to contact ebay b/c the charge was through paypal on ebay for bill me later (I know right)...by the time the issue was resolved, I closed all my accounts associated with ebay--including paypal and bml. I feel more protected as a consumer using my credit card than going through that crap again.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 8 of 15
Tran92
Regular Contributor

@shane82388 wrote:

@Tran92 wrote:

Right...and im sure you could cancel the order long before it ships or is even beginning to be processed.

Oh okay. Thanks for clarifying lol. Yeah, I suppose that would work, but since this doesn't even report I'm not even going to bother lol.

TU 746 (10/13)

Message 9 of 15
shane82388
Established Contributor

Did anyone ever discover if updating your income on Bill Me Later will help with getting a CLI?

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.