cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Me Later changing to Comenity Capital Bank.

tag
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Bill Me Later changing to Comenity Capital Bank.

I just received a letter that says as of August 29, 2013, WeBank will no longer be the lender for Bill Me Later. It says that Comenity isn't changing APRs or fees, but hopefully this doesn't mean that Comenity will choose to report the account to credit bureaus.

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Bill Me Later changing to Comenity Capital Bank.

Oh no I wonder if that does mean they will report soon Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 29
Vikz27
New Contributor

Oh oh... Might have to pay the balance right before the September statement then. I still have not received the email with that info
Message 3 of 29
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=120991&p=irol-newsArticle_Print&ID=1844917&highlight=

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 4 of 29
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Comenity does report all of their other accounts, I don't see how this would be different.  This is probably bad news.  I don't currently have a balance on BML, but there would be no point in using it anymore if it reports.  I would get better rewards benefit from my credit cards.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 5 of 29
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@Vikz27 wrote:
Oh oh... Might have to pay the balance right before the September statement then. I still have not received the email with that info

Mine was an actual letter through the postal system.

@DaveSignal wrote:

Comenity does report all of their other accounts, I don't see how this would be different.  This is probably bad news.  I don't currently have a balance on BML, but there would be no point in using it anymore if it reports.  I would get better rewards benefit from my credit cards.

Completely agreed with this. It did say that Bill Me Later will continue to service the account, so maybe that means they will just use Comenity's money and keep their own policies. The limit is only 801, so I don't really want to take a hit for that.

Message 6 of 29
chan85
Established Contributor

Craaaaaaaaappppppppp

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 7 of 29
sweettea
Frequent Contributor

Welp! Time to BT to pay that off ASAP and close. I was going to do it soon anyway, but the time table has just moved up. I only used it to get the random 0% financing here and there or if I didn't want to pay for something on sale right away. I regularly went to 90% or so on that little $500 line, but didn't care since it didn't report.

Funny... (yes, I'm reminiscing) I had BML before I had my first credit card post-BK. I was running an online business at the time when Paypal offered it to me one day. I thought it was a joke, but it was legit. After I closed the biz, I opened a new Paypal account with no money in it and tied the BML account to it.

Past - CH7 BK Discharged 01/09 | Rebuild Started 05/12 Present - All IIBs GONE! Future - 2015 Mortgage
Message 8 of 29
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I just got off the phone with Bill Me Later support.  I asked the CSR about this change and she put me on hold to verify with a supervisor.  The word is that BML is switching to Comenity bank but WILL NOT be reporting to the credit bureaus and all other BML practices will indeed remain the same.  BML is still an invisible tradeline.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 9 of 29
silverzgirl
Regular Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:

I just got off the phone with Bill Me Later support.  I asked the CSR about this change and she put me on hold to verify with a supervisor.  The word is that BML is switching to Comenity bank but WILL NOT be reporting to the credit bureaus and all other BML practices will indeed remain the same.  BML is still an invisible tradeline.

Sweeeet. I was going to pay it off in consolidation, but seeing as it is invisible, decided to delete more of my visible utilization. Was hoping I would not have to change tactics.

Starting FICO, June 2010: EX-581, EQ-581, TU-581
Now: EX-742 EQ-710 TU-709

Currently: NFCU Platinum Visa 18K, BECU Visa 15K, Navchek 15K, Vystar+ CU Platinum Visa 10000, AMEX Delta SkyMiles 9K, Military Star 8200, Nordstrom VS 7800, Macys 7600, Lowes 6K, Pier 1 6K, Mohawk Floor 4500, TJX Mastercard 4K, Pottery Barn 4K, Amazon 3600, Talbots 3000, Barclaycard 2400, Ann Taylor 2280, Ballard Design, 1500, Victorias Secret 750, NY&CO 500, J.Crew 300

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.