Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Me Later going to Comenity Capital

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Bill Me Later going to Comenity Capital

I got an email today that effective 8/29, BML will no longer be WebBank and will be Comentiy Capital Bank. Does anyone know if BML will continue to be a hidden TL or if it will begin to be reported on the CR? 

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
shane82388
Established Contributor

Re: Bill Me Later going to Comenity Capital

Message 2 of 5
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

DW got the letter.    It says BML will continue to service the account, Commenity is the underwriter.

My guess is that BML will continue to set the rules and policies.    I don't think they will change the reporting.   BML biggest advantage is the deferred billing which often keeps the utilization very high.   Reporting the balances would hurt the customers credit score. IMO that negatively impact their main business advantage and profits. . 

I also have  NewEgg account which is a BML service.   I have not gotten any notice about changes there, but likely will soon.    It also has deferred interest deals and does not report.   

Message 3 of 5
shane82388
Established Contributor

Hmm wonder if they will have pre approvals for newegg while maintaining the hidden trade line?

I was always interested in that account but didn't think if ever be approved since I already have BML so never really looked much in to it...
Message 4 of 5
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the replies! 

I called and spoke w/a rep @ BML. He said that if they do begin to report TLs on CRs, they would notify us like they did about the change to Comenity. Though, there would be nothing we could do about it if they did make the change. Hopefully they'll leave it as is. 

I'm not familiar at all w/Comenity. Hopefully they'll be easy to work with. I've kind of gotten used to BML's little quirks. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.