Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Pay Software?

tag
fico4cash

Bill Pay Software?

Hi Everyone,

I remember reading about a couple of bill pay type services here on myfico but can't remember the names. The setup was you entered all of your accounts online and could view all of your balances etc. in one place. I might have it mixed up a bit but it was something like that. There were 2 different products that people were discussing. Can someone help me with the names please? Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bill Pay Software?

I'm not sure what bill paying software others have talked about but I use Wells Fargo Bill Pay.  I have a PMA account (Portfolio Management Account) so the bill pay service is free, otherwise it is $6.95 per month, I believe.  Think of the postage you might be saving though.

You set up your bills, Payee, account number, address, etc, like cable, utilities, cell phone, auto insurance, anything at all.  If the payee has e-bill capability you can set that too.  Each month I just go to Wells Fargo and I can see all of the bills at one place, the e-bills are in PDF so I can view them.  I select what I want to pay and how much, you can also set them to pay automatically.

I have used it for many years and I NEVER send a check to pay a bill, even ones that do not do electronic payment.  I had surgery and there were two bills I needed to pay for co-payments so I just entered the payee information off of the paper bill I had and how much to pay.  Wells Fargo will send a check for ones that don't have electronic payment.

I use MS Money for all my finances but I don't use it to pay bills.  I have every account I have set up in Money, banks, credit cards and investments, and it automatically updates daily.  I have my auto loan and mortgage set up too.  I entered the date it opened, interest rate, payment amount, insurance and taxes on mortgage, and it has PERFECTLY calculated my remaining balance every month (I've verified it with the lenders online).

I never miss paying a bill because every bill I have is there and I see when it was last paid.  I only get 2 paper bills in the mail each month, city water and garbage because they don't have e-bills. It has made keeping my finances in order a breeze and if there is ever a question about whether a bill was paid I have electronic proof, no checks lost in the mail or not credited to the right account.

Message 2 of 8
voidman
Established Contributor

Quicken or Microsoft® Money ?
-void
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

fico4cash wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I remember reading about a couple of bill pay type services here on myfico but can't remember the names. The setup was you entered all of your accounts online and could view all of your balances etc. in one place. I might have it mixed up a bit but it was something like that. There were 2 different products that people were discussing. Can someone help me with the names please? Thanks.

Are you talking about something like www.mycheckfree.com ?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Like cheddar suggested, mycheckfree is the best billpay site. If you're looking for account managment, look at yodlee or mint.com (web 2.0 version of yodlee)
Message 5 of 8
fico4cash

Thanks to all who replied, mint.com is what I was looking for.

NG
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Wall Street Journal recommended Mint and Yodlee.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am sure everyone knows MS Money either goes direct to your bank or to Yodlee.

I love MS Money-

FaircreditguyFL wrote:
The Wall Street Journal recommended Mint and Yodlee.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.