Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bit the bullet....apped for Kohl's.

tag
cabana7
Valued Member

Re: Bit the bullet....apped for Kohl's.

Congratulations! Got mine in December applied in the store (which is usually best) was instantly

approved for a $1500 credit line...they pulled Experian and my score at the time was 743..who knows now...I never carry a balance there but they send me discounts in the mail all the time...they remind me a little of Macy's but less expensive.

Message 11 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kohls doesn't use your Fico score for their decision. They use the Vantage score. You will get a heavy ding on your Vantage score if you have no mortgage line reporting. It makes a lttle sense I guess considering the nature of Kohls business. Doesn't make sense if you are renting or the mortgage is in your spouses' name only.
Message 12 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Kohls doesn't use your Fico score for their decision. They use the Vantage score. You will get a heavy ding on your Vantage score if you have no mortgage line reporting. It makes a lttle sense I guess considering the nature of Kohls business. Doesn't make sense if you are renting or the mortgage is in your spouses' name only.

I heard that your Vantage score might be 520 (F) even if your FiCO is in the mid-700's without a mortgage. I go to Kohl's for clothes, and I'm not sure whether a mortgage helps for that kind of purchase. Then again, they probably think I don't need credit from them for my T-shirts Smiley Wink.

Message 13 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I heard that your Vantage score might be 520 (F) even if your FiCO is in the mid-700's without a mortgage. I go to Kohl's for clothes, and I'm not sure whether a mortgage helps for that kind of purchase. Then again, they probably think I don't need credit from them for my T-shirts Smiley Wink.

I wasn't aware you got dinged for not having a mortgage. My new mortgage is not yet reporting and they gave me a $1200 CL. I would think that means I didn't get dinged too bad considering that's a decent CL for Kohl's I think. I don't pay any attention to FAKO's though and don't know where I could even see my Vantage score, except for Experian.com and I refuse to give them 5 cents!
Message Edited by UpUpUp on 05-04-2009 09:24 AM
Message 14 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I believe that somebody posted that they got the card with a score of 620 on another thread. The interest rate isn't very good with the card that's for sure.

True. It's terrible. Def. a pay in full card, I do that with all my cards so I really don't pay attention to any interest rates. Though, I think most people get this card for the deals and sales. If so, it would kind of defeat the purpose to use the card to get sales prices and then let a balance sit on any interest rate. 
Message 15 of 34
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

Congrats UP! I knew you'd go for this card, it has great perks (coupons and such) I love Kohl's sales.
Message 16 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MsKiwi wrote:
Congrats UP! I knew you'd go for this card, it has great perks (coupons and such) I love Kohl's sales.

Haha, you are so funny. On Saturday, I was in the store thinking...I should really apply for this card.  Then I decided to hold off. When I found myself back there again on Sunday, I realized it was just plain silly not to take advantage of all the perks.
Message 17 of 34
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I worked at Kohl's for four years.  Some of the prices on their name brands are more expensive than Bed Bath and Beyond.  Using the 20% coupon for BBB, your final price may be less.

Kohl's is notorious for paying their floor employeees less than any other retailer.  They make up for the lower wage by being very lenient with employees schedules, which was great!   They also keep a minimum floor staff so keep prices down.  Just do your research before making a large purchase. 

For some reason, I'm still on the Friends & Family List and still get the employee discount even though I've been gone for one year.   You used to be able to pay your charge by using their gift cards.  Now you have to purchase the gift cards they sell for fund raisers....bummer!!!!  I used to *triple dip*.

Just keep ALL RECEIPTS for a return or always put it on your Kohl's charge so they can do a look up direct.  Otherwise they track you for returns.

Congrats on the card! 

Message 18 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the insider info, Fish.  I actually just purchased a coffee maker and had a 20% discount at BBB also. I compared online the price of the coffee maker and with the discount it was still a few dollars more than the current sales price at Kohl's. I am the type that ALWAYS checks around before making any purchase, so your advice is sound. I'm sure on other items it will pay to price shop first.

Too bad you can't triple dip anymore! That is awesome. Atleast you still get the discounts.

Good to know that they can look up items if you use your charge!

Message 19 of 34
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

@fishbjc wrote:

Just keep ALL RECEIPTS for a return or always put it on your Kohl's charge so they can do a look up direct.  Otherwise they track you for returns.

I thought all stores do this. I used to work at JCP, and I know that they definitely do this. After a set number of returns without a receipt, they will no longer allow you to return w/out receipt.

ETA: Oh yeah congrats UP! For the WF card as well!

Message Edited by ralbusta on 05-04-2009 12:26 PM
Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.