Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bittersweet

tag
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Bittersweet

I just got off the phone with Crapital One closing out my old Orchard card.  I'm glad to see it go ($59 AF) but on the other hand it sucks that they were unwilling to grow the account with me.  I had a sortof sentamental attachment to it for some reason.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bittersweet

Sometimes we just have to move on. Reasons for no upgrades and the like seem to elude us and logic sure doesn't work. You have a great card folio. The loss of Cap1 won't even be noticed (other than for personal reasons).
Message 2 of 8
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Sometimes we just have to move on. Reasons for no upgrades and the like seem to elude us and logic sure doesn't work. You have a great card folio. The loss of Cap1 won't even be noticed (other than for personal reasons).

I actually have a second QS1 card that is nearly at the 6 month mark.  I am hoping that the lessoning of my exposure to them will allow for a better CLI on that one.  It only has a $39 AF and I am going to make one last attempt at getting it removed before it hits again in January.  It is still on the chopping block, but it has a little more life left in it than the old Orchard card did.  That one simply wasn't going anywhere.

Next up is Sportsman's Guide.  I have mixed feeling about this one also.  I honestly never should have opened it in the first place, but at 2k it's not a horrible CL for me and it doesn't cost anything to keep.  I'm pretty set on closing it, but I'll let this trauma blow over first and see how I feel about it in a day or two.

Message 3 of 8
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

I have two Cap1 QS1 cards, both with AF's removed for good, I dont use them anymore at all.  I wish Cap1 had more options for card holders...such as combining cards into one.  When I asked I was told they dont do it but its nice to have a card at home and with me incase I forget it or something..then I'm always earning rewards?!  I wanted to say ok its your story I guess.  Anyway, eventually Cap1 will close them for non use and I'll be fine with that, they served their purpose well in the beginning. 

As for my commenity cards, I regret opening them (just thought the shopping cart trick was neat) Ill let them age out a bit and probably start to cut them down as well. 

You have a great looking "wallet" the loss of Cap1 and Sportsmans guide should only sting a bit before you realize wow I have some awesome cards Smiley Happy 

Message 4 of 8
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@EndlessRoad wrote:

I have two Cap1 QS1 cards, both with AF's removed for good, I dont use them anymore at all.  I wish Cap1 had more options for card holders...such as combining cards into one.  When I asked I was told they dont do it but its nice to have a card at home and with me incase I forget it or something..then I'm always earning rewards?!  I wanted to say ok its your story I guess.  Anyway, eventually Cap1 will close them for non use and I'll be fine with that, they served their purpose well in the beginning. 

As for my commenity cards, I regret opening them (just thought the shopping cart trick was neat) Ill let them age out a bit and probably start to cut them down as well. 

You have a great looking "wallet" the loss of Cap1 and Sportsmans guide should only sting a bit before you realize wow I have some awesome cards Smiley Happy 

What is the secret to getting the AFs removed???  If I could get rid of the fee I would keep my existing QS1 as an "everything else" card.  I can't get them to budge on it.  Every time they waive it for one more year and I'm just like "ok fine".  I'm just sick of jumping through hoops year after year.

Message 5 of 8
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

@EndlessRoad wrote:

What is the secret to getting the AFs removed???  If I could get rid of the fee I would keep my existing QS1 as an "everything else" card.  I can't get them to budge on it.  Every time they waive it for one more year and I'm just like "ok fine".  I'm just sick of jumping through hoops year after year.

Have you tried doing it through the EO?  I just mentioned they were my only card with an AF, and that I'd probably end up closing it for that reason.  The next week it was waived on both cards for good. 

Message 6 of 8
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Yes, I have to email EO every year just to get it waived for one more year.  I will try again in December.  Maybe I'll have better luck this time.  It will be the last time I try for sure!

Thank you for the quick response!

Message 7 of 8
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

Yes, I have to email EO every year just to get it waived for one more year.  I will try again in December.  Maybe I'll have better luck this time.  It will be the last time I try for sure!

Thank you for the quick response!

No problem!  Be sure to mention really liking the card and the rewards but its your only AF and you'd "hate" to close it.  The lady that helped me was really nice and took care of it, I'd also mention waiting it to be permanent this time since your a loyal customer. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.