Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bk.....what are your highest CL

tag
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Re: Bk.....what are your highest CL

@emptypockets wrote:
My BK should drop off (finally) 6/2012. My cards and limits are listed in my signature. The Delta Amex is 2 yrs old, and started at 6k. Alliant is also 2 yrs old, and started at 5k.

I'm curious about when you got your first AMEX card...i.e how many years post BK. The Delta Amex is my dream card but I am not planning on applying till I am at least eight years out (four years out now)

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 11 of 25
Karunch
Contributor

I am about 4 years post CH7 BK, and my highest CL's are: 

$16,100 NFCU CC

$5,000 NFCU NavChek

$3,450 Barclays iTunes

and then the rest are around $2k or less.

Message 12 of 25
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@emptypockets wrote:
My BK should drop off (finally) 6/2012. My cards and limits are listed in my signature. The Delta Amex is 2 yrs old, and started at 6k. Alliant is also 2 yrs old, and started at 5k.
I am curious to getting a AMEX ...when were you approved for the amex cards u have?

Message 13 of 25
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@emptypockets wrote:

I am curious to getting a AMEX ...when were you approved for the amex cards u have?

Any other BK CL reports....interested ???

Message 14 of 25
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@emptypockets wrote:

With VERY rare exceptions, AMEX is not BK-friendly...period. You can try, but nearly every time you apply it will be a wasted INQ with a BK on your report.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 15 of 25
kauaicubano

I have green at zero balance that survived bk and have scores in mid 600's they were doing SP during bk but let me keep card ....have cap 1 with 1500 limit and another 1250 just got barclay ap with 2300 limit

@CreditCrusader wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@emptypockets wrote:

With VERY rare exceptions, AMEX is not BK-friendly...period. You can try, but nearly every time you apply it will be a wasted INQ with a BK on your report.

Message 16 of 25
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

My bk was discharged in 2006.  I applied and got 3 "starter" cards in 2008.  It wasn't until this year that I apped for anything and got 2 cards from Barclays - one an Apple financing card with a CL of $2400 and one a US Airways card at $3500.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 17 of 25
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Re: my AMEX cards, I innitially got in with AMEX in 2007. At the time, my mother passed away, and she had a AMEX green card from 2001. When I called to notify them that she passed away, they asked me if I wanted to keep it ( backdated with her acct age). They sent me papers and a credit app, and they did actually do a INQ, so I know they are aware of the BK. I had zero late payments since the BK, and all IIB accts had fallen off my reports by this time as well. To my surprise, it was approved. In 2009, I upgraded this card to the Gold PR. In 2010, I apped for Delta Gold, and was approved with a 6k limit. In 2011, I apped for HH, and got a 4k limit. My final app for BCP was 2/12, and I got the 5k limit. When I got that card, I did not get the top tier Interest, and got my EX score (733 in 2/12), along with one of the reasons listed for me not getting the best rate being 'derogatory public record/bankruptcy.' I have had about 1 yr between each app, except BCP. I PIF with AMEX because knowing I have the bk still reporting, I don't want to tempt the gods, LOL! I think in order to get decent credit lines post BK, it is imperative to have NO LATE payments EVER, keep your Util low ( mine currently hovers between 6-8%), get rid of any old negatives on your reports ASAP, and be mindful of keeping a collection of sub-prime, low limit cards (search the boards to find a good credit union, or get a secured card).

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

This thread gives me hope on how far you can go just a couple yrs ago post BK

Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

$23,800 NFCU

$20,000 PSECU

$20,000 PSECU

$10,000 BoA

$10,000 PenFed

$10,000 360 FCU

$6,000 Chase Sapphire Preferred

Misc others below that

good luck!  work hard and it pays off.

BK7 Discharge 3/05

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.