Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Card Invitation

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Black Card Invitation

Much easier shredding their invitation than the actual cardSmiley Wink.
Message 11 of 17
Hex
Valued Contributor

I’ve gotten a preapproval for this card before. The presentation is really well done and it looks very tempting at first but the rewards aren’t worth the high annual fee. There are worse cards out there but there are many more that are a better value.
Message 12 of 17
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

While Amex platinum has quite the high AF,  for those who spend a great deal of time in hotels and on airplanes the benefits can certainly outweigh the cost of the card.

I just can't imagine that here...

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no problem with targeting certain type of clients, but how this company is doing it, is borderline deceptive. Barclay is not a small company, I just don't understand why they are subjecting themselves to this.

Message 14 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I have no problem with targeting certain type of clients, but how this company is doing it, is borderline deceptive. Barclay is not a small company, I just don't understand why they are subjecting themselves to this.

I wonder if it is really a BarclayCard or another company using BarclayCard as the backer of said card?  I don't even think Barclay's is possibly this dumb to create such an awful card, yes they issue/UW it, but wonder if they are just the "lender" of said various luxury cards gold/titantum and the black card and another company is really the one offering it?  

Message 15 of 17
RickNATL
Established Contributor

I have it. It's not worth the hype. Gonna downgrade to Titanium before next renewal.
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I wonder if it is really a BarclayCard or another company using BarclayCard as the backer of said card?  I don't even think Barclay's is possibly this dumb to create such an awful card, yes they issue/UW it, but wonder if they are just the "lender" of said various luxury cards gold/titantum and the black card and another company is really the one offering it?  

I got the invite for this in the mail the exact same day as my new JB plus arrived about 2 weeks ago. Coincidence?  I think not.  I shredded it as it just didn't seem to be worth it. While not exactly hard to find, the promo material didn't scream BarclayCard, but I don't recall any indication of another company being involved. 

That being said, that same day I also received an invite in the mail to apply for the exact JB plus card I had just gotten, so kinda appeared that Barclays was just firing things off to any new names on their list. Didn't give much of an appearance of any kind of qualification process. Only mailings I've ever received from Barclays and they all arrived on same day - new card, invite to apply for same said card, and Black Card invite.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.