Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blacklisted from AMEX?

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Blacklisted from AMEX?

@LS2982 wrote:

Man I wish I had a AMEX back in the day...

Jealous of ya'll backdaters Smiley Very Happy

It's just a function of age. Trust me, in 20 years you'll be able to look back and talk about your very first Amex "back in the day." Smiley Wink

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 21 of 28
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

It's just a function of age. Trust me, in 20 years you'll be able to look back and talk about your very first Amex "back in the day." Smiley Wink

Smiley Very Happy

My luck they wont do it anymore!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 22 of 28
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

+1  Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 23 of 28
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

Ok here is a question for everyone. I have had the Zync for over 7 months and I just found last night in my lock box was a old Amex green corporate card from 2003. I was a AU on it for 5 years. I am scared to call Amex to ask them for back dating if that is possible. They reason why is when I quit my job, I don't know if I or my old company paid the bill in full. Its been a long time. I don't want to raise any red flags.

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 24 of 28
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@brian

You might as well call. The SOL is out on the debt, and more than likely your employer paid it. You could call in with the account number and ask the closure status of that account BEFORE you ask about backdating.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 25 of 28
sjt
Senior Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@Finance805 wrote:

I'll work on paying down my utilization then.  Would it backdate to my original amex account?

If you burned AMEX in the past no backdating for you.

I had an Amex CO in the 80s and they backdated my 2 Amex that I got this year. Others here have posted about having Amex backdated after paying old COs, being in the Optima/Oasis program, etc.

AMEX discontinued Oasis program.

Oasis is still exists.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 26 of 28
fixitquick
Contributor

@sjt wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@Finance805 wrote:

I'll work on paying down my utilization then.  Would it backdate to my original amex account?

I had an Amex CO in the 80s and they backdated my 2 Amex that I got this year. Others here have posted about having Amex backdated after paying old COs, being in the Optima/Oasis program, etc.

Oasis is still exists.

2nd - I have an ongoing payment plan with Amex to pay off an old CO and have been promised a pre-approved application for the Oasis program.

Starting Score (08/22/11): TU: 510 / EQ: 512
Current Score 07/11/14 TU: 658 / 07/11/14 EQ: 669 / 07/14/14 EX: 664
Goal Score: 720+ across the board!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 27 of 28
sjt
Senior Contributor

@fixitquick wrote:

@sjt wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@Finance805 wrote:

Oasis is still exists.

2nd - I have an ongoing payment plan with Amex to pay off an old CO and have been promised a pre-approved application for the Oasis program.

What were the payment term you negociated with them?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.