Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blacklisting

tag
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Re: Blacklisting

Discover Card is a major credit card, issued primarily in the United States. It was originally introduced by Sears in 1985, and was part of Dean Witter, and then Morgan Stanley, until 2007, when Discover Financial Services became an independent company. When I got one I had a $1900 limit it was 1987 and I filed in 89
Message 11 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@FretlessMayhem wrote:
I believe Wikipedia stated that Discover started in 1986, but I (or it) could be wrong.

That sounds about right.

DH got a Discover in '89, specifically because it was such a useless card --you could only use it in Sears back in the day. So that would be about right: 3 years for him to stare at it suspiciously and then go for it.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 15
pghguy

So Amex seems to the only one that blacklists for life?  Anyone know about Merrick or Juniper?  I have seen people on this forum getting Chase cards again correct?
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd be very interested in hearing more about people's experiences with BofA in this regard. The brunt of my 6 year old BK was with them. I would really like to re-establish a relationship with them, if they will, after ALL my baddies (less to sole public record associated with the bk) drop off next year. I'll be in the FICO 710-735 range by then with all 3 CRAs and with zero baddies after the BK in November of 2002.

Message Edited by beenthere on 08-10-2008 08:34 AM
Message 14 of 15
lisac
Regular Contributor

i'd like to know about boa.  no bk for me, but i had a MBNA card settled, transfered to boa.  it just fell off one report, the other should fall in the next 2 months.  will they let me have a card with them?
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.