Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blacklists...

tag
chasmith
Valued Contributor

Re: Blacklists...

If you're blacklisted, the letter won't reference a CRA, it will say something like "prior experience with the applicant".

BK7 Filed 8/11/2009 Discharged 11/23/2009. Purchased new home 4/11/2012
Starting Score:11/16/2009 EQ 566 11/16/2009 TU 538
Interim Score: 12/27/2012 EQ 683 09/17/2012 EX (lender) 670 1/01/2013 TU 701
Current Score: 11/06/2013 EQ 708 11/06/2013 EX 702 11/16/2013 702 11/06/2013 TU 729
Goal Score: EQ 740 EX 740 TU 740
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 33
bk510
Valued Contributor

@LS2982

yea u rright, GE is forgiving, i've burned them on my bk last yr and i apped for paypal mastercard, got turned down but approved me for smart connect account for 300.

hey its a new start for me, looking forward to getting in good graces wit GE.....

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 22 of 33
bk510
Valued Contributor

@ls again,

walmart turned me down also couple of weeeks ago, but i'm have another go at it next month, i want dat fico score.

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 23 of 33
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Also, companies blacklist for other reasons that burning through chargeoffs. 

In its current Thank You "security" closure spree, those impacted will probably not be able to get any Citi cards for quite a while, and the same happened recently with Chase.   In some sense these are worse that the chargeoff case because there is nothing to be paid off to make it right, just have to wait to see if time makes things better....

Message 24 of 33
enharu
Super Contributor

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:

How would you ever know if you were blacklisted by a company?  I had a couple of cards charge off more than 10 years ago.  The debts have been paid and no evidence of any of those remain on CR today.  I never remember reading any of their letters saying I was "blacklisted". 

There's a few ways to tell.

1. If you burned American Express or Chase or Citi, chances are you're definitely blacklisted, at least for the near future. Whether you get off the list really depends. It's a YMMV thing.

2. When you apply for new accounts, they will deny you instantly, even though your scores might be really high and your CR looks spotless. Sometimes they will not even pull a hard inquiry, but sometimes you're not so lucky and they pull an inquiry even though the decision was already pre-determined.

3. After you are denied, you can call recons. Sometimes they'll tell you that you're denied, or that you're not eligible for any accounts with them.

@longtimelurker wrote:

Also, companies blacklist for other reasons that burning through chargeoffs. 

In its current Thank You "security" closure spree, those impacted will probably not be able to get any Citi cards for quite a while, and the same happened recently with Chase.   In some sense these are worse that the chargeoff case because there is nothing to be paid off to make it right, just have to wait to see if time makes things better....

+1

This as well.

They also blacklist people if fraud was involved (i.e. making fraudulent purchase protection claims).

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 25 of 33
goosedog
Regular Contributor

CAP1 does blacklist. I know from personal experience because they turned me down for a SECURED CARD a week ago.

GE just approved me for a bunch of new cards in the last 2 weeks (Walmart, JC Penny, Care Credit, Old Navy, Banana Rep, Chevon,Amazon) considering I burned them in the past with a Walmart and Paypal card 5-6 years ago around the same time as my CAP1 card was burned.

CITI and CHASE are notorious for blacklisting people but NOTHING compared to American Express.

Message 26 of 33
knoregs
Established Contributor

Seems as if I'm on both Chase and Citi blacklist even though I burned them a dozen years ago. Burned Cap1 on two different cards at same time and currently have a 1 year old Cap1 card.

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 27 of 33
Justrebuilding
Regular Contributor

+1 this also happened to me.

Also add Barclays to this list, I just got denied for a card w them due to a card I had back in 08.

GE and Cap One have been very forgiving to me.

Chase Sapphire Reserve 10k Cap 1 QS 15K, Cap 1 QS 5K, Cap 1 QS 4K, Cap 1 QS 4K, GE Care Cr 7K NFCU Cash Rewards 10K Walmart 1.3K NavCheck 5K Freedom 6K Freedom 2.5K Hyatt 4K Sallie Mae 5K Barclay Rewards 3K Macy's 1K
US Airways 1.5K, Discover 8K,
Message 28 of 33
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

I burned BoA and Citi during and after college.  All accounts have fallen off my CRs.  I'm not willing to risk an HP to apply for a Bankamericard or a Citi Thank You in case of flat out denial.  I'm not a fan of BoA though, they've been the crappiest insitution to deal with and I will never do business with them ever again.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 29 of 33
100down0monthly
New Contributor

@goosedog wrote:

CAP1 does blacklist. I know from personal experience because they turned me down for a SECURED CARD a week ago.

GE just approved me for a bunch of new cards in the last 2 weeks (Walmart, JC Penny, Care Credit, Old Navy, Banana Rep, Chevon,Amazon) considering I burned them in the past with a Walmart and Paypal card 5-6 years ago around the same time as my CAP1 card was burned.

CITI and CHASE are notorious for blacklisting people but NOTHING compared to American Express.

@goosedog:  that's a lot of GE accounts to open in a short period of time.  i've read on other threads that GE ended up closing accounts.

Sorry, to get back on topic.  Are blacklists typically for a specific time frame...or are ya on the list forever?

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.