Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlisPay to the rescue

tag
Method2Madness
Regular Contributor

Re: BlisPay to the rescue

Yeap. I'm in VA too (unfortunately) and am expecting the PPT bill any minute. Think I'm going to use my NFCU CR Visa to pay, as it will help me get to the $3000 spend to get my $200. Smiley Happy

Ps. I hate Virginia.

Total Available Credit: $145,950   ||Feb 2018||EQ08-705||EX08-728||TU08-741||

Message 11 of 16
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

Great post !

I've only used mine recently to purchase a KitchenAid mixer for my sister (cashback w/6 months to pay) & your post has gave me thought for my property tax as well.

SisterGirl
Message 12 of 16
bz386
Frequent Contributor

Here's an alternative solution. You know that your taxes will be roughly $1200 per year (for example). You setup a savings account and setup automatic transfers from checking to savings for $100 per month. When taxes are due, you pay them out of savings.
Message 13 of 16
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@bz386 wrote:
Here's an alternative solution. You know that your taxes will be roughly $1200 per year (for example). You setup a savings account and setup automatic transfers from checking to savings for $100 per month. When taxes are due, you pay them out of savings.

Even better save it in a high interest checking or savings account and still use the Blispay to cover it. You'll get something back other than just paying it out of a basic savings account.

Message 14 of 16
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@bz386 wrote:

Planning and preparation???   What in the world are you thinking?  This is the land of credit and high limits!!!!

j/k... I already do this instead of relying on a non-interest escrow account with bi-weekly transfers and make a couple of bucks a year this way.  Adds up when you're paying $8K/yr in property taxes.

Message 15 of 16
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@bz386 wrote:

One thing about virginia's PPTx, it's assessed in January based on "fair market value" whatever that is, billed at the end of August and due by October 5th - you have no real idea what your bill is until August to "save". 

I have liquid assets and I have savings and I have everyday funds. My real estate taxes run almost $5000 a year, those taxes are paid through my mortgage payment, as are my income taxes State and Federal through payroll witholding. "High interest" savings accounts today pay 1% or $10 per year on a $1000 balance, less if its $100 a month for 12 months ($100, $200, $300 .... account balance) $500 to $1000 a year comes from everyday cash flow, the $1000 I put on Blispay netted $20 in rebate 2% back and 6 months to pay - the $20 is more back than the $10 or $12 I'd have in "earnings from tying up funds for a year. 

Anyway, the point of my post was just to say that in this case, this time, for me - the use of Blispay was helpful & profitable and will be paid in full in December which is a "proper" or useful way to use the benefits a card offers you.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.