odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Re: Blispay suspending future purchases

We can NEVER have too much info.....

Message 11 of 550
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

Re: Blispay Suspending future purchases

I got this email too and I'm not even a cardholder. The same is posted on their blog. Is this MoviePass happening?

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 12 of 550
Remedios
Credit Mentor

This must be the craziest credit story of 2018. 

Message 13 of 550
DantGwyrdd
Frequent Contributor

I find it slightly disconcerting regarding their future that they haven't already raised the money. I doubt that they didn't see this coming (right at the holiday season) so I have to wonder if they've been trying to raise more money but have been failing at it. The fact that they ran out of money right before the biggest shopping day of the year on its own cannot bode well for them either.

Message 14 of 550
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Yup, just got the email as well.  It was one of those 'boutique' products that was bound to last only for so long.  Oh well 😁

Message 15 of 550
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Bad time to run out of money if that is what happened during the holiday season..  Can't think of a worse time for this to happen to them.. Could be the nail in the coffin for them quite possibly as they had to see this coming.

Message 16 of 550
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just sent them $1000 last night just because, my bill wasn't due and my 0% has several months left. Had I known I would have kept my cash.
Message 17 of 550
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Yep, received the same email as well. Can't say I'm surprised at all.... new company new card, no capital. This was a card I was closing next year anyways as well, so might as well do it now because I foresee a closure coming regardless. Too bad, 2% card with a nice 0% option and terrible timing on their part.
Message 18 of 550
core
Valued Contributor

I think they are shutting down for good.  The only reason the email was worded as such was so folks continue to pay their bill.

I can't say I'm sorry to see them go.  They routinely stole small credit balances from me, and none of my banks had them in the billpay system so it was always a paper check which Blispay took weeks to process.  And I have no sympathy for a company that displays a dumbed-down mobile site when you try to log in from a real computer.  Haven't used my card much at all because 2% is just blah anymore.

Message 19 of 550
JayTee1
Frequent Contributor

Received the email as well.  I don't use it very often, but I had actually used it a few times over the last couple days since I left my wallet on the couch and kept forgetting to put it in my coat pocket, and this card happened to be in my pants pocket (no idea why, can't remember).  Smiley Happy

This is very disconcerting.  It doesn't really affect me, but it certainly seems very fly-by-night to me.  I suppose I'll just wait to see what happens, but it won't surprise me to find out they're going under.

March 2014: Abysmal, low 500s

April 2015: TU 607 | EQ 599 | EX 608
March 2019: TU 717 | EQ 727 | EX 727
Message 20 of 550
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.