Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blispay Suspending future purchases

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Blispay Suspending future purchases

guess i'll have 1 less card to worry about. 

Message 31 of 550
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Lots of other lenders have done this @JamP.

Let's see... Final, Equality CC, Beaver/Duck CCs (the latter due to NCUA compliance violations), etc. And, there will be plenty more. This is just how things turn out sometimes, unfortunately.

So, for anyone that decides to have a lending relationship with a 'boutique' type of company, always keep this in mind. I mean, who can forget the frenzy of this FOTM when it was introduced.

Sure, for some, it's sad to see it happen, but life goes on and there's plenty of other competitive products in the market.
Message 32 of 550
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Oh man, this is crap timing. I was just about to use the card for a $3400 Black Friday purchase. Smiley Sad

@DeeBee78 (and others in the same situation), it may be a good idea to contact your other lenders to see if there are any promotional offers available for your other cards.  12 months of a renewed Discover 0% promo is fairly common, for example.

Yeah, I haven’t thrown Cap1 any business in about 6 months, so maybe they’ve got something waiting for me. 

I need to update my sig: Discover closed my account to non-usage last month. 

Message 33 of 550
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Bad time to run out of money if that is what happened during the holiday season..  Can't think of a worse time for this to happen to them.. Could be the nail in the coffin for them quite possibly as they had to see this coming.

My thoughts exactly.

Terrible timing, and no doubt there are some people who were really counting on using it the next few days.  Not to mention those who will try to pay for lunch during the next hour or so and will have their waiter ask them for alternative payment.  Smiley Frustrated

Bad timing all the way around. 

Message 34 of 550
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Sad since: Nov 2018

smiley-laughing021.gif

Message 35 of 550
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Bummer! I haven't received the email as yet. I'm sure it will show up soon enough. Credit Curiosity finished them off with his furnishings for the new home.😂
Message 36 of 550
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

I'm so glad I resisted this card!

I feel for all of you- I'm sorry. What a rotten time of year to drop this on y'all.Broken Heart.png

I also think they're headed down for the count,   AAAtitanic.gif  trying to let everyone down gently. As if.. 

Message 37 of 550
DantGwyrdd
Frequent Contributor

So, if they do go under, what will the practical implications be for people who owe them money? Would the promo rates still have to be honored or would they become due immediately? Or would the whole process last well over the 6 months so the promo point would become moot (since all the promos will have come due since they stopped allowing purchases)? Other implications?

Message 38 of 550
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Haven’t gotten the e-mail yet but I’m assuming any time now? Statement posted today with a $0.26 balance! Lol
Oh yeah and my myFICO subscription is scheduled to hit them today!! Lol
So I’m gonna get two e-mails instead! One from Blispay and another from myFICO for a “declined” charge! Lol
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 39 of 550
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Just thinking out loud. I wonder if their next step is to start doing CLD on card holders with large unused CLs, or Cards with large balances, which could cause maxed out cards

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 40 of 550
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.