Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blispay Suspending future purchases

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Blispay Suspending future purchases

This was one of my favorite cards. I cant belive this i had plans to go to lowes today to finally get blinds for the top level of my house. when i first saw this email i thought it was for people that never paid intrest and racked up on the cash back... now i see its everyone. i use this card constantly. once i pay off one promotion im on to the next.  i know Amex offers finance with a fee. anyone know of  other options i can look into?

Message 41 of 550
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

This was one of my favorite cards. I cant belive this i had plans to go to lowes today to finally get blinds for the top level of my house. when i first saw this email i thought it was for people that never paid intrest and racked up on the cash back... now i see its everyone. i use this card constantly. once i pay off one promotion im on to the next.  i know Amex offers finance with a fee. anyone know of  other options i can look into?

If you shop at Lowe's a lot, consider getting the Lowe's card from Synchrony bank.  5% off every day, or permanent 6 months 0% offers with frequent extended offers, plus project financing for a low APR.

Message 42 of 550
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

paypal credit?  kinda works the same as blispay

Message 43 of 550
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@DeeBee
Call Discover and ask if you can get a 12-month 0 interest. That’s what I did 2 months ago and got it.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 44 of 550
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks Murph2k will look into it.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

paypal credit?  kinda works the same as blispay

Message 45 of 550
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:
Just thinking out loud. I wonder if their next step is to start doing CLD on card holders with large unused CLs, or Cards with large balances, which could cause maxed out cards

This is how they stay in the business if they are smart.

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 46 of 550
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the helpful heads-up...interesting timing of Blispay suspending future purchases on all cards, I actually used the card as recently as last night (11/20), and the transaction went through OK at the time...also I still haven't gotten the e-mail notification from Blispay quite yet...

Message 47 of 550
core
Valued Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:
Just thinking out loud. I wonder if their next step is to start doing CLD on card holders with large unused CLs, or Cards with large balances, which could cause maxed out cards

Does not compute for me.  If CLDs magically solved the situation I would think they would have done that a few miles back before it came down to this. 

Message 48 of 550
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@core. Good point

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 49 of 550
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I don't think it had anything to do with CL's, as I think the highest I've seen is only $10k . Most have CL $3k-7k and in all honesty that's not considered a "high" limit.
Message 50 of 550
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.