Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blispay Suspending future purchases

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Blispay Suspending future purchases

@Sharingan wrote:

Grudge from November aside, what good is a credit card that isn’t functional when you need it to be (and indefinitely)? I don’t collect plastic cards to trade or display. I need them to actually work and serve a purpose. Disdainful, perhaps. Unreasonable, I tend to think not.

I did consider the possibility of an acquisition; but I didn’t want to deal with the frustration that would undoubtedly ensue if the acquisition was anything like the Mercury card debacle I read about in that Barclays thread several months ago. Somehow, I doubt it would be a top tier bank buying the portfolio, and getting ahead of such a possibility also contributed to my decision to close Blispay as soon as possible. 

Sharigan you act as though it is the only CC you had.😂

What good is it to close a CC that had some use, and may reopen?

I never had a single issue out of this card when I used it. I just don't see the need to jump the gun and close a card that was useful. Especially if no one here knows for sure if it is going away or not. Do what makes you feel better. 

Message 271 of 550
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hello , sorry for your inconvenience, we'd like to show you how grateful we are for sticking with us through these hard MONTHS, to the faithful, here are some cli and you are now grandfathered into periodic opportunities for credit limit increases. Thank you all #TEAMBLISSFUL2IGNORANCE2019
Message 272 of 550
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm assuming that no one has heard anything through the grape vine regarding Blispay that hasn't already been discussed?

Message 273 of 550
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Just the lovely crickets.
Message 274 of 550
JamP
Valued Contributor

Haven't heard or seen anything.

I would think there would be an update by now.

Has anyone had luck calling them lately?

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 275 of 550
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll fire off an email to the CEO in the next couple of days. A few times he was very quick to respond, where other emails were never met with a response. I'll report back my results.
Message 276 of 550
core
Valued Contributor

I can't say that I see much point in calling in to try to get information.  Either Blispay will get some more money or they won't.  Front-line employees aren't going to have any clue whether this will happen, nor when.  Even if they think they know, that information is likely wrong.  Even in larger/stable companies, deals often fall apart at the last minute.  Upper management is likely feeding the employees rosy stories to keep them happy and showing up to work, when in reality the employees should probably be putting in applications to be Walmart greeters.

Message 277 of 550
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
Just the lovely crickets.

Hiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Holaaaaaaa!

Byeeeeeeeee!

Smiley Wink

Message 278 of 550
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

When a company isn't looking for new business, that means it's a goner.

I'm sure they're just winding down, paying off what they owe.

They are probably hoping for a new capital infusion, but you can't just borrow from Peter to pay Paul. They need to have a viable business model, which they never had. Venture capitalists are kind of mean, but they aren't dumb.

Giving 2% cash back (thus giving up the transaction-based profit) and lending for 6 months at 0% interest (thus giving up the interest-based profit) in the hope that your most financially distressed (and therefore most likely to default) customers will get stuck paying you high rates of interest down the road.... what could possibly go wrong?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 279 of 550
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

When a company isn't looking for new business, that means it's a goner.

I'm sure they're just winding down, paying off what they owe.

They are probably hoping for a new capital infusion, but you can't just borrow from Peter to pay Paul. They need to have a viable business model, which they never had. Venture capitalists are kind of mean, but they aren't dumb.

Giving 2% cash back (thus giving up the transaction-based profit) and lending for 6 months at 0% interest (thus giving up the interest-based profit) in the hope that your most financially distressed (and therefore most likely to default) customers will get stuck paying you high rates of interest down the road.... what could possibly go wrong?

Everyone either PIF at statement, or PIF before the 6 mo is up, thats what went wrong, lol..   Id bet also that the majority of the customer base is myficoer's, and we arent dumbSmiley Wink

Message 280 of 550
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.