Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blispay Suspending future purchases

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Blispay Suspending future purchases

I have zero history or experience with Comenity.  What are the biggest gripes with them?

Message 451 of 550
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have zero history or experience with Comenity.  What are the biggest gripes with them?

1: Just try to get a CLI

2: Just try to get a billing dispute resolved

3: They specialize in store branded cards. Get one too many of their cards and they take them ALL away.

4: They balance chase.

These gripes may not be in any order but I have seen Comenity involved with all of them.

Message 452 of 550
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They shut down my SGVisa few years back 4 months after I got it thru SCT. Only because I app’d for their Orbits Visa together with USBank on same month which were both denied. My EQ was in the low 700’s back then. I’ve made 3 PIFs at that. They’re like Barclays maybe even worse! Shut down and no warning and was embarrassed at the counter when my transaction was declined for only $20!! 

I recon’d with them and they didn’t even try to hear me out. So I’m staying clear of “RIP” Comenity!

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 453 of 550
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity is the lender for my Victoria's Secret Account. My wife likes their clothing. They raised me to 4500 so that's not bad. I don't think they are over generous with their CL but my Blispay had a 11k CL. We will see if they keep my 11kCl. In the meantime I got 2 BBT visa cards at 4500 each and a Navy Federal platinum visa at 15k.

Before 2008 I had 500k in total CL's but then I went broke during the Financial Crisis, now I'm up to around 100k in total CL's.
Whose the all time highest person on CL's on this board.?
Message 454 of 550
JamP
Valued Contributor

My card expires in 2020, I can still access the account. I will wait it out.

Like BBS said the minute I close it, they will open lending back up.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 455 of 550
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure that if they open lending back up it will be under different terms, as clearly what was originally in place didn't work.  I'm curious what the changes may be.  If they work for me, I'll keep the card.  If not, I'll close it.  I actually rarely ever used my Blispay card.  It sounded great at the time I got it, but I never once used the 6mo interest-free financing (I just PIF all the time) and I used my Citi DC for everything 2%.  Basically the card was rendered more or less useless to me.  Any of the big purchases I would have wanted to make on it were either too big for my CL or if my CL was big enough it would have nearly maxed out the card, something I wasn't looking to do if I actually wanted to carry a balance for 5-6 months to take advantage of the 0% offer.  I'm hoping they modify it in some way... perhaps a 2.5% card, anyone?  Smiley Wink 

Message 456 of 550
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

1: Just try to get a CLI

I found the IKEA card to be very generous with CLIs.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 457 of 550
JamP
Valued Contributor

I used it for everything I could not get 12 months 0%.

Card was amazing, I miss it.

Last thing I bought was a AR ....

Was hoping to put my taxes and riding lawn mower on it...

I will close mine if the terms suck also. For the first time in a long long time I have no cards with 0%...

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 458 of 550
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess it's all what works for the individual.

For me, the sound of 0% for 6 months seemed enticing and that's probably why I bit back in 2016 when Blispay was the "flavor of the month" card on this forum.  After getting it, I realized I saw little to no value in the 0% and as I said above, never once used it.  I always PIF and never buy something on a CC that I can't pay for in cash if I wanted to.  If I were to make a large purchase at 0%, I don't think I'd see the value in just letting that large purchase balance ride for 5-6 months.  In my eyes, why not just pay it off?  I guess I could let that money collect a few cents of interest in a savings account or something, but I'm not really accomplishing much financially.  I wouldn't use the extra money for anything else, because I'd know that it has to go toward the 0% promo payoff anyway.  That's my approach on the subject and why I never took advantage of the 0% from Blispay.

Message 459 of 550
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

I decided to call in and see if the CSR could give me a status update. Upon her answering the phone, I knew immediately it wasn't Blispays customer service anymore, rather Comenity's. I explained I was calling to see when I could use my card again, and she told me she'd look and tell me. I'm pretty sure she thought I was late on my account because when she finally pulled it up her tone of voice changed and she told me it still can't be used and there's no set date when this is going to happen. We all know CSRs aren't the best well of knowledge but I'd love to exactly what her computer screen says. 

Edited: I was spelling Comenity not community, spell check! 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 460 of 550
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.