Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blispay Suspending future purchases

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Blispay Suspending future purchases

Thanks for the info, just because Conmenity answers the phone for Blispay shows they are at least in the system. The CSR's, aren't allowed to say anything outside of their script. Very interesting. We'll see
Message 461 of 550
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Hi any more news on old blispay creditcard, just called the Blispay phone number had not called in last sixty days got same old story. Does any one know any more what is going on.

Message 462 of 550
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@firefox100 wrote:

Hi any more news on old blispay creditcard, just called the Blispay phone number had not called in last sixty days got same old story. Does any one know any more what is going on.

Other than accounts/data in the Comenity systems, no other news.  Maybe in the next 60 days when you call there may be some sort of news.   But, at this pace it's hard to say. 

Message 463 of 550
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@firefox100 wrote:

Other than accounts/data in the Comenity systems, no other news.  Maybe in the next 60 days when you call there may be some sort of news.   But, at this pace it's hard to say. 

If they don't start allowing use of the card within the next 30 days or so, they might as well not bother.

Message 464 of 550
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@firefox100 wrote:

If they don't start allowing use of the card within the next 30 days or so, they might as well not bother.

The whole suspension of privileges has lasted closed to a year so who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   

Plenty of individuals are still holding on to their cards while others have closed their accounts.   I still have mine and it's not having any impact on anything. 

Message 465 of 550
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@firefox100 wrote:

The whole suspension of privileges has lasted closed to a year so who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   

Plenty of individuals are still holding on to their cards while others have closed their accounts.   I still have mine and it's not having any impact on anything. 

While you may still have your card, the longer it is closed the more people will simply give up on it. As with most businesses, Blispay's biggest asset was its customer list, which is shrinking daily and therefore losing value daily.

Message 466 of 550
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@firefox100 wrote:

While you may still have your card, the longer it is closed the more people will simply give up on it. As with most businesses, Blispay's biggest asset was its customer list, which is shrinking daily and therefore losing value daily.

True, to an extent.  By and large, if they decide to relaunch the program under a new direction then that customer base could expand.  Otherwise, it weeds out the current client base that would need supported going forward.   Those who decide to remain will just see what happens I suppose. 

Message 467 of 550
core
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's been suspended for 10 months so I don't see the significance  of the next 30 days.

But I honestly don't see why anyone cares either way.  Comenity is going to nerf the card as soon as it's reactivated.  If they thought a 2% card was good for their business they would have started one a few miles back.  0% for 6 months may stay because that's one of their standard gimmicks.

The only thing I'm going to use the card for is the free monthly $0.49 low balance writeoff, or whatever the current threshold is.  It used to be $1.99 and that was definitely worth the effort.

Message 468 of 550
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would think if the card were to become usable again that it would happen right around the time they pulled the plug last year... just before Black Friday and the holiday season in hopes that people would start using the card again heavily.

Message 469 of 550
zerofire
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I would think if the card were to become usable again that it would happen right around the time they pulled the plug last year... just before Black Friday and the holiday season in hopes that people would start using the card again heavily.

That actually kind of makes sense. I have kept my plastic around if they finally consider reactivating it. Having a spare $7,500 on Experian never hurt. What really is a head scratchier is what they plan on doing when the cards expire. Send a new card out, close it, or something else?

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 470 of 550
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.