Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blispay and accessing account

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Blispay and accessing account

I used a different email!
Seems odd that the system doesn't recognize that they have no account associated with the email!!
Message 11 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Creditaddict wrote:
Seems odd that the system doesn't recognize that they have no account associated with the email!!

'Doh!    

slaphead.gif

Message 12 of 16
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I wonder if there are any other known lenders that have the same problems other than Wells that UncB mentioned.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 13 of 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

For all creditors that my husband and I both have separate accounts with, I use two different browsers to log in, to avoid issues like this.  I log into my accounts in Safari and his accounts in Chrome, and try to remember not to switch it up.

Smart!

        
Message 14 of 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

Not really, banks and other insitutions do that: good security practice not to give away that it's either a legit or a bogus account and return just the generic error message... don't give more information to an attacker than you need to.  Admittedly knowing the account name is only 1/2 to 1/3 of the authentication request but it's a datapoint I wouldn't want to give them personally.

Why they wouldn't let you know that from the CSR interaction, now that one's a bit odd assuming they made you identify yourself otherwise... comparing email is often done anyway just so they have the information to contact you is what I'd always assumed when I've had to talk to someone (Chase cuz I don't have the darned debit card).

        
Message 15 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Not really, banks and other insitutions do that: good security practice not to give away that it's either a legit or a bogus account and return just the generic error message... don't give more information to an attacker than you need to.  Admittedly knowing the account name is only 1/2 to 1/3 of the authentication request but it's a datapoint I wouldn't want to give them personally.

if it returned a basic error message that would have been great!

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.