Blispay cards offering up to 12-month financing this year

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Blispay cards offering up to 12-month financing this year

@Glkslngr wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Is there a good blispay thread that tells of others stats when they applied?

Example: if INQ sensitive

There is a main Blispay data share thread.

I will say that I'm not wasting another INQ with them - they pulled my EX, then denied me saying they couldn't verify my identity (but happily left the inquiry on my EX report).

They are the only place to ever say that, so it made me glad that I didn't end up working with a company that has such poor identity verification. I would worry about greater fraud risk.

Same here. It's tempting to reapply, but I'm not about to waste an inq and the headache. Smiley Indifferent

Same - was denied. scores were all firm 670s at the time - only 3 INQ max on each report. I've seen people with much lower scores and higher INQs be approved, so who knows with them.

Message 11 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Blispay has always been very inconsistent with their approvals/denials.  600 score gets approved.  600 score gets denied.  820 score gets approved.  820 score gets denied.  No rhyme or reason to it.

To answer the CLI question, no, a CLI on Blispay hasn't yet been reported.  Next month marks the 1 year anniversary of the card, so I'm hoping that around that time or shortly after they start considering CLIs. 

Interesting to know that they're considering different financing options going forward.  That's the problem though, if they are going to be extending longer financing periods (especially if they raise the necessary purchase amount to obtain it) it means that people are going to want/need bigger CLs.  If I want to drop $7500 on the latest and greatest TV out there and want to use Blispay because of the 2% CB as well as the 6 month (or whatever period) of financing, I can't because my CL isn't high enough to make that purchase.  I emailed the CEO about this last summer and he basically said CLIs wouldn't be happening right away but that he was aware that in time they would need to make changes in order to be competitive.  I hope we see CLIs as one of the changes they plan on making for 2017 in addition to these financing talks.

Message 12 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

BrutalBodyShots wrote:

Blispay has always been very inconsistent with their approvals/denials.  600 score gets approved.  600 score gets denied.  820 score gets approved.  820 score gets denied.  No rhyme or reason to it.

I suppose it's better to be denied than end up with a $200 limit on a card like that. Ha!

Message 13 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this card still non reporting to the bureaus?

Message 14 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Is this card still non reporting to the bureaus?

It reports to Experian only.  This has been the case since about August 2016 for most members.  From April-July 2016 there was no reporting at all, then in August a few people started posting that they were reporting to EX, then in September almost everyone else chimed in saying that their Blispay account had reported to EX.  We're basically 6 months into EX reporting at this point, with no sign of either other major bureau getting any action yet.

Message 15 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not to be "that guy" but this card seems like it's either doomed to fail, or something crazy going on internally at blispay.

Message 16 of 31
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Not to be "that guy" but this card seems like it's either doomed to fail, or something crazy going on internally at blispay.

The same model was used successfully when the Blispay founder had previously created BML (now Paypal Credit).  But we'll see...

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 17 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The same model was used successfully when the Blispay founder had previously created BML (now Paypal Credit).  But we'll see...

Isn't PayPal Credit run by the dreaded Synchrony?

Message 18 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

PayPal credit card is synchrony. paypal credit formerly billmelater,
BML, is the online only financing thru paypal payment portal that offers 6 months financing on >$99 purchases anytime. In that regard that is why it is brought up almost every time blispay is brought up
Message 19 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Numbers do not lie apparently enough people are blowing it and not paying off stuff quick enough so it is a business model he wants to take elsewhere and do the same thing
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.