Did you mean: 

Blispay finally added Autopay

tag
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: Blispay finally added Autopay

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Better late than never right?

That is one of the reasons i didn't jump on that bandwagon when it first rolled into town.

Wonder what it was that spurred them on to finally get around to it?

Is Autopay really a dealbraker for you? It's never been that big of a deal to me, except with my BBR, since that transaction amount is the same every month. I'm hesitant to setup Autopay on other cards with varying balances, because I've heard horror stories of payments continuing long after balances have been paid off. Managing autopay settings seem like more of a hassle than manual payments. 

Message 11 of 22
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Better late than never right?

That is one of the reasons i didn't jump on that bandwagon when it first rolled into town.

Wonder what it was that spurred them on to finally get around to it?

Is Autopay really a dealbraker for you?

With Blisplay?

Not anymore Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 22
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

I saw this as well, received an email from them stating all the changes in their T&C, including adding autopay. I push from my bank, and its a mailed check, hopefully this will change that as well.Smiley Happy

edit: Just checked online with my bank. Nope...its still a mailed check. LameSmiley Sad

+1

Read so many posts early on from members here who pressed on the advantages of that type of payment feature that i hooked my own self up to it and been cruising ever since.

With the potential for issues on the opposite end more prevalent than the reverse, it just plain made sense to keep on top of it like that.

We don't read much if at all anymore on issues with a lender's autopay where something goes wrong but it HAS happened and is really nice to see less of that.

I still do the PUSH though and always will. Let's just say i trust my machine and launching bank then the remote route from the other direction. Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Managing autopay settings seem like more of a hassle than manual payments. 

I don't follow this or understand your rationale for the statement above.

"Managing" autopay settings is a 30-60 second process that is done ONCE.

Manual payments are a 30-60 second process that is done MONTHLY at the very least.

Message 14 of 22
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Manual payments are a 30-60 second process that is done MONTHLY at the very least.

My coworker had an autopay on his Chevron card setup for a certain amount every month. He them moved to another place and cut his commute to 1/10th of what it was before. 

Chevron kept the autopay active long after the balance had been paid off, despite having nothing due. I don't want to forget about something like that and have to request a check refund. 

Message 15 of 22
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

My coworker had an autopay on his Chevron card setup for a certain amount every month. He them moved to another place and cut his commute to 1/10th of what it was before. 

Chevron kept the autopay active long after the balance had been paid off, despite having nothing due. I don't want to forget about something like that and have to request a check refund. 

OK, but most auto-pay users wouldn't set it up like that, choosing either PIF or Minimum due, so it's a varaible amount, with 0 due when there is 0 due..

And in any case, you have to compare this sort of story with the number of "I was very busy with XXXX and forgot to pay the bill JUST ONCE, and they charged a late fee..." which we see quite often!

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

That example above is the exception, not the rule.

Very few people set up Autopay with a certain dollar amount to be paid monthly.  Usually it's pay current balance or pay statement balance.  Regardless, how often does someone move?  30-60 seconds of time is all it takes to change up Autopay settings, which is equal to the amount of time it would take to do a manual payment anyway.

The bottom line is that Autopay is less work than Manual payments, not more work.  Especially for those that have a bunch of credit cards.  It's nice to be able to "set it and forget it."

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI would be nice, I could put larger bills on the card.  I got a halfway decent SL.  Enough that I use the card more stocking up emergency bills - surprise! your car needs an alternator! That's $500! -  or school payments.  I like that it give 2% regardless.

I'd like fingerprint sign on for mobile.  Citi FINALLY got on board with that.   

No regrets. Blispay is awesome card for me.

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's fingerprint sign on all about?  I know nothing about it, but do have a Citi account.

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

A lot of smart phones have fingerprint scanners on them, used to unlock phone. Some banks/cc apps let you use it to sign in to the app.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.