Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blispay replacements

tag
devastatah
New Contributor

Blispay replacements

Since Blispay suspended operations in November I was looking to replace the limit I could potentially be losing on that card. That said I am looking for something similar to what they offered. While I didn't use the card for large purchases, it was nice to have it as an option. Anything comparable that anyone cares to suggest? I haven't dug into another 2% cash back card and I don't know of another company crazy enough to give a 6 month payoff period, I already took the plunge on the Citi Simplicity and the 21 month 0% balance transfer though the 5% transfer fee is not what I am accustomed to paying when I have done BT's in the past (usually 3%) but the limit is good for what I "may" lose with Blispay plus I recouped that credit by getting SP CLI's as well, so my utilization is going down (Was at 9% and decreasing) . Just wondering what could be comparable to the Blispay card minus the long term financing of course.

AmEx Platinum NPSL, AmEx Gold Delta 22K, AmEx Everyday 10K, Penfed Defender AmEx 5K, BankAmericard MC 14k, BoA Travel Rewards 18k, Penfed Thrifty Credit Service 500.00 Blispay Visa 7.5k,
NFCU Cash Rewards Visa - 22K, NFCU Plat MC - 22K
Penfed Gold Visa 19K, Lowes 35K, NFCU Visa 14K, NFCU MC 13K, NFCU NavChek LOC - 15K
Discover It 19K, WalMart 20K, Bank of Amer MC 10K, Citi Simplicity $8,800, BarclayCard Rewards MC 11K, AAFES Mil Star 8.1K, Citi Dia Pref Visa $9.7K, USAA Rate Adv MC 7K, , Chase Freedom 3.5K, Chase Amazon Visa 1.6k

724 Discover FICO Nov 14, 735 WalMart FICO Nov 14, Equifax Advantage Pull 740 Sept 2016
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: Blispay replacements

What truly unique about Blispay is the "bankcard" aka MC/V with 2% back upfront as a statement credit, AND 6 months no payments, no interest, let alone was reasonable apr considering the terms -19.99% is not that cheap, but a lot of cards including big name cards like Citi/Chase/BAC/AmEx/Cap-1 all have normal bankcards with higher apr's. 

Amazon, Lowes, etc have 5% back if subjected to normal terms (gotta pay them in 30 days to actually take advantage of the "rebate" ) and most of the Sync backed cards (Lowes, Amazon, Walmart, Sams, etc - Home Depot aka Citi) have extended 6-12-18-24 no interest terms but you lose the 5% and have to make monthly payments. This type of extended financing typically comes with very night retroactive interest should you miss the final payoff date. 

I have a general 2% back on everything card (Fidelity) and of course, various cards offer 2-3-5% back on categories like dining or gas but again if you don't pay these in 30 days you lose most of the cash back to interest. Perhaps the failure of Blispay was offering too much with 2%, and no payments plus no interest and a "moderate" apr - one of these three is standard fare, two would be great but all three I think was giving too much to remain profitable and that is before any losses due to defaults or fed rate increases. 

It was great when it lasted, fortunately, my wife put a $2500 charge on Blispay just before they shut down - I wasn't so lucky on my card - but I don't think they are coming back, at least with their previous "benefits". 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

2% cash back cards I know, are pp Mc, fidelity visa (when direct deposit into fidelity acc), Citi DC.

0 apr and 0 fee bt cards are bankofamericard, slate, Ed.
Message 3 of 5
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

PayPal for me: PayPal Cashback MC for 2% cashback on every purchase, PayPal Credit for 6 months 0% deferred interest on $99+ purchases. A minimum monthly payment is now required for PP Credit, not a problem for me as I always divided the purchase by 6 and made that as a monthly payment to make sure I didn't come up short and get hit with 6 month's interest. Both are now issued by Synchrony, a TU pull.

Message 4 of 5
devastatah
New Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion. I have a PP debit for my business and PP credit line but never looked into the MC. Will do my research

AmEx Platinum NPSL, AmEx Gold Delta 22K, AmEx Everyday 10K, Penfed Defender AmEx 5K, BankAmericard MC 14k, BoA Travel Rewards 18k, Penfed Thrifty Credit Service 500.00 Blispay Visa 7.5k,
NFCU Cash Rewards Visa - 22K, NFCU Plat MC - 22K
Penfed Gold Visa 19K, Lowes 35K, NFCU Visa 14K, NFCU MC 13K, NFCU NavChek LOC - 15K
Discover It 19K, WalMart 20K, Bank of Amer MC 10K, Citi Simplicity $8,800, BarclayCard Rewards MC 11K, AAFES Mil Star 8.1K, Citi Dia Pref Visa $9.7K, USAA Rate Adv MC 7K, , Chase Freedom 3.5K, Chase Amazon Visa 1.6k

724 Discover FICO Nov 14, 735 WalMart FICO Nov 14, Equifax Advantage Pull 740 Sept 2016
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.