Did you mean: 

BlockFi Suspends Purchasing Privileges Effective 11/11

tag
rgate88
Regular Contributor

Re: BlockFi Card Closed?

@Matt9543 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@rgate88 - frequent communications have been sent by BlockFi regarding the recent suspension. I would assume you subscribed to email communications since you're able to authenticate access to your BlockFi account? At any rate, please reference the above discussion on the topic.

Wouldn't a suspension and account closure be different though? Typically account suspensions do not result in full account closures, and this is the only report we've seen of this so far regarding BlockFi

I am subscribed and get all the communication from BlockFi regarding the BK situation. I saw nothing regarding closing accounts, rather I know of the suspension of the use of their CC. All of a sudden I just get a notification saying my account is closed as reported on CK. I have a ticket in to BlockFi trying to figure out what's going on and I'll happily update, but since this was the first I saw of this, thought I'd share it. Hopefully it's just a fluke. 

CO Platinum - $500; CO Quicksilver - $2,000; Marcus GM BuyPower - $700; Target MC - $9,000; Chase Amazon Prime - $17,300; PNC Core - $27,000; Citi DoubleCash - $8,300 - AmEx Everyday - $2,500 (was $20,000); Citi Simplicity - $29,500; Chase World of Hyatt - $17,300; PayPal LOC - $10,000; PNC Cash Rewards - $36,000; U.S. Bank Altitude Go - $15,000; AmEx Platinum - NPSL ($7,800 POT); Elan Max Cash (Alliance CU) - $25,000; Alliance CU LOC - $2,000; BMO Harris Cash Back (Was Bank of the West Cash Back) - $3,000; (Closed Block-Fi - $15,000 RIP); Wells Fargo Autograph Visa - $10,000; Chase Freedom Flex - $20,300; Venmo - $15,000; AllTru LOC - $10,000

Business Trade Lines - Chase Ink Cash - $4,000 (original limit $19,600); Chase Ink Preferred - $10,000; AmEx BBP - $5,500; Hilton Honors Business - $5,000; FNBO Evergreen Business - $15,000; Elan Business Visa (Alliance CU) - $20,000; Citi Business AAdvantage Platinum Select - $16,000; Marcus GM Business - $2,500; Kabbage LOC - $9,500; Marriott Bonvoy Business - $14,600; Barclays AAdvantage Aviator WE Business - $7,000; IHG Rewards Premier Business - $5,000; Delta Platinum Business - $16,400; Edward Jones Business (Elan) - $2,000; Barclays Wyndham Earner Business - $7,000

Total CLI - $399,900
Message 41 of 80
12njoy
Super Contributor

@rgate88 wrote:

@Matt9543 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@rgate88 - frequent communications have been sent by BlockFi regarding the recent suspension. I would assume you subscribed to email communications since you're able to authenticate access to your BlockFi account? At any rate, please reference the above discussion on the topic.

Wouldn't a suspension and account closure be different though? Typically account suspensions do not result in full account closures, and this is the only report we've seen of this so far regarding BlockFi

I am subscribed and get all the communication from BlockFi regarding the BK situation. I saw nothing regarding closing accounts, rather I know of the suspension of the use of their CC. All of a sudden I just get a notification saying my account is closed as reported on CK. I have a ticket in to BlockFi trying to figure out what's going on and I'll happily update, but since this was the first I saw of this, thought I'd share it. Hopefully it's just a fluke. 

I checked all my reports Experian, Equifax and CK for TU and BlockFi is still there as open as of November 28, 2022.

EquifaxEquifaxCK - TUCK - TUExperianExperian

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 42 of 80
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@rgate88 wrote:

@Matt9543 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Other than the known customer-wide accounts suspension, did BlockFi/Evolve confirm that your account was not closed? Prior to 11/11, when was the last time you used the card?

Message 43 of 80
rgate88
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@rgate88 wrote:

@Matt9543 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Other than the known customer-wide accounts suspension, did BlockFi/Evolve confirm that your account was not closed? Prior to 11/11, when was the last time you used the card?

Still waiting on this response. I used it days before everything happened, and the purchase was for about $1,500. Paid it off days later. So did nothing that would have been seen as odd. I had the card for about 8 months before this. And received no notice regarding the closure of my card from Deserve or Block-Fi. I have received the same thing everyone else has, so this has come as quite a surprise. 

Certainly not meaning to try and take over the thread, and I feel like I'm bit a crazy with this. But happy to provide anything else for proof. 

CO Platinum - $500; CO Quicksilver - $2,000; Marcus GM BuyPower - $700; Target MC - $9,000; Chase Amazon Prime - $17,300; PNC Core - $27,000; Citi DoubleCash - $8,300 - AmEx Everyday - $2,500 (was $20,000); Citi Simplicity - $29,500; Chase World of Hyatt - $17,300; PayPal LOC - $10,000; PNC Cash Rewards - $36,000; U.S. Bank Altitude Go - $15,000; AmEx Platinum - NPSL ($7,800 POT); Elan Max Cash (Alliance CU) - $25,000; Alliance CU LOC - $2,000; BMO Harris Cash Back (Was Bank of the West Cash Back) - $3,000; (Closed Block-Fi - $15,000 RIP); Wells Fargo Autograph Visa - $10,000; Chase Freedom Flex - $20,300; Venmo - $15,000; AllTru LOC - $10,000

Business Trade Lines - Chase Ink Cash - $4,000 (original limit $19,600); Chase Ink Preferred - $10,000; AmEx BBP - $5,500; Hilton Honors Business - $5,000; FNBO Evergreen Business - $15,000; Elan Business Visa (Alliance CU) - $20,000; Citi Business AAdvantage Platinum Select - $16,000; Marcus GM Business - $2,500; Kabbage LOC - $9,500; Marriott Bonvoy Business - $14,600; Barclays AAdvantage Aviator WE Business - $7,000; IHG Rewards Premier Business - $5,000; Delta Platinum Business - $16,400; Edward Jones Business (Elan) - $2,000; Barclays Wyndham Earner Business - $7,000

Total CLI - $399,900
Message 44 of 80
jojo79
Regular Contributor

BlockFI CC reporting as closed but...

So given everything going with them, I kind of expected this to happen, but to date I haven't receved any communication about the CC getting closed, only that all transactions had been frozen.

All CB's are now reporting the account as closed (with TU taking a 5 point hit due to reduction in total bankcard limits), but the weird thing is, the account is still active when I log into the BlockFI app or website

I would have expected an email or letter giving a heads up, and the website to show as closed...??

In any event, it sucks to lose $14K in overall limits but recent CLI's on other accounts will make up for it

BlockFI Screengrab 12-15-22.png

Message 45 of 80
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BlockFI CC reporting as closed but...

@jojo79 - please reference discussion upthread.

Message 46 of 80
jojo79
Regular Contributor

@FinStar - I'd seen this thread but wasn't sure if I should add to it or start a new post; thanks for merging!

It will be interesting to see if another company does end up taking over these CC accounts.

@FinStar wrote:

Message 47 of 80
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@jojo79 wrote:

@FinStar - I'd seen this thread but wasn't sure if I should add to it or start a new post; thanks for merging!

It will be interesting to see if another company does end up taking over these CC accounts.

@FinStar wrote:

Sure, no worries.

Things are still in flux with their recent BK filing, but hopefully there's an interested party that would be willing to purchase the portfolio depending on the CH11 outcome. I would definitely enjoy continuing to use the card 😎

Message 48 of 80
trant3
Established Contributor

Recieved notification yesterday from all 3 bureaus that my BlockFi credit card has been closed by creditor. I knew I shouldve never gotten this card. Oh well, luckily, I have no outstanding balance on it.

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 49 of 80
PapaTunde
Established Contributor

Screenshot 2022-12-17 at 06-45-56 Get your free score and more - Credit Karma.png

This becomes my first metal card to be closed

What is funny is that my online account still shows my available balance as $25k

All Fico9 835+ or there abouts

These violent delights have violent ends
Message 50 of 80
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.