Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bloomies Amex upgrade question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bloomies Amex upgrade question

I posted about this a few days ago, but I got an offer to upgrade my Bloomingdale’s charge card to the Bloomingdale’s AMEX card and of course I excepted it but I noticed today that credit karma is showing that my Bloomies account was "removed from report", However I was told that it would not be a new account that is issued but rather an upgrade to an American Express Bloomingdale's card and that I would retain my credit history and everything, and I just checked and it is showing my card when I login as Bloomingdale’s American Express with my new credit line so what gives, anybody know? 

3 REPLIES 3
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Bloomies Amex upgrade question

I know from experience that Credit Karma doesn't always accurately describe or report changes made to your credit report.

Pull a free copy of your TU report from annualcreditreport.com (right now you can still pull them for free once every week) and confirm the current state of your real credit report, it should reflect a change but the account should retain the credit history.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed also that the last 4 of these accounts are different, my store charge card that's now been upgraded to a cobranded Amex... 

Message 3 of 4
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I noticed also that the last 4 of these accounts are different, my store charge card that's now been upgraded to a cobranded Amex... 

The account number will change since it's going to an AMEX schema though issued by Citi.  That being said, the CL, Open Date, Payment history etc will remain intact.  It's the same as when you change a card number if you've had fraud.  New Account Number, same old history and data.  Also, the description will change so that is perhaps what CK is seeing.  The old card was likely called "Bloom DSNB" but the new account name will be called something along the lines of "Bloom AMEX DNSB"

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.