cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bloomingdale's "Club Account" Credit Line?

tag
UpNComing
Established Contributor

Bloomingdale's "Club Account" Credit Line?

I went to Bloomingdale's last night to buy my wife a watch.  The total purchase price was a little over $2000.  The clerk offered a $250 discount if I opened a Bloomingdale's credit card.  Although I've been gardening the $250 proved too enticing.  Sure enough I was approved with a starting limit of $800.  The nice clerk phoned the credit services to try and increase the limit.  The CSR on the phone said I qualified for Bloomingdale's "Club Account", a no limit 12 mo. 0% financing that runs concurrent with their normal card but is reserved for high value purchases.  The odd thing about it was it took 4 clerks and a manager to get someone that had ever heard of the "Club Account".  Upon checkout the manager pulled up another screen on the clerk's computer that referred to it as a Silver Club purchase.

Has anyone heard of or have this account?  With so little info offered by Bloomingdale's on it I'd like more details.  I can't even find anything on their website Smiley Frustrated

CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
silverzgirl
Regular Contributor

Re: Bloomingdale's "Club Account" Credit Line?

Can't speak for Bloomies but Macys used to have something similar back in the day. For them, it was a fixed payment and a set APR. It did not count against your main card as far as CL. I had 3K between my card and my large purchase account, when Macys killed credit limits completely. (They did reinstate limits, probably due to backlash of people not using their card...who wants a HP every time you go shopping?)

Starting FICO, June 2010: EX-581, EQ-581, TU-581
Now: EX-742 EQ-710 TU-709

Currently: NFCU Platinum Visa 18K, BECU Visa 15K, Navchek 15K, Vystar+ CU Platinum Visa 10000, AMEX Delta SkyMiles 9K, Military Star 8200, Nordstrom VS 7800, Macys 7600, Lowes 6K, Pier 1 6K, Mohawk Floor 4500, TJX Mastercard 4K, Pottery Barn 4K, Amazon 3600, Talbots 3000, Barclaycard 2400, Ann Taylor 2280, Ballard Design, 1500, Victorias Secret 750, NY&CO 500, J.Crew 300

Message 2 of 7
youngman1234
Established Contributor

I have this account.. I had a normal Bloomingdales account and wanted to purchase a watch. I called in and try opened me a club account and it runs along side ur normal bloom account. On ur credit report it shows as too different lines, but the account number is the same. And they use the same card. Basically any jewelry purchase you make from now on will go onto ur club account. It was an additional pull which stinks. My club account has a limit of 6.5k my bloom is 3.5k so 2 different limits also.
Message 3 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

@youngman1234 wrote:
I have this account.. I had a normal Bloomingdales account and wanted to purchase a watch. I called in and try opened me a club account and it runs along side ur normal bloom account. On ur credit report it shows as too different lines, but the account number is the same. And they use the same card. Basically any jewelry purchase you make from now on will go onto ur club account. It was an additional pull which stinks. My club account has a limit of 6.5k my bloom is 3.5k so 2 different limits also.

I learned something new today thanks youngman1234 for the info...2 TL's in one ...reported as 2 to CR's

Good info 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 7
UpNComing
Established Contributor

@youngman1234 wrote:

youngman1234, the fact that they offered me an $800 opening limit on the standard card and no limit on the Club Account was insane to me.  Were you informed of limit when you opened the account?

CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Message 5 of 7
UpNComing
Established Contributor

@silverzgirl wrote:

Can't speak for Bloomies but Macys used to have something similar back in the day. For them, it was a fixed payment and a set APR. It did not count against your main card as far as CL. I had 3K between my card and my large purchase account, when Macys killed credit limits completely. (They did reinstate limits, probably due to backlash of people not using their card...who wants a HP every time you go shopping?)

silvergirl, what do you mean HP every time you go shopping?  You're not saying they would HP you every time you wanted to use the Club Account are you?

Message 6 of 7
youngman1234
Established Contributor

They actually asked me what I wanted to buy, now that I remember I actually first bought a DY necklace for $900, so limit was set at $1,000. They gave me 1 year zero interest to pay it off. I paid it off following month. Then called in and asked I want to buy a watch can raise the limit so it will get approved. The watch was $5500, so they gave me a limit of 6.5k. The acutually set my limit based on what I wanted to buy. I spend alot at blooms so I think that is why are good with me. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.