Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bloomingdales & Macy's starting limits

tag
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bloomingdales & Macy's starting limits

can anyone answer my last question about statement reporting? it's driving me nuts to know. thanks :
Message 21 of 27
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@new_earth wrote:

I have another question about these cards, I have never had any store cards before this. Do they report every month whether you use the card or not? I used both of them and paid in full but was not able to do it before the statement cut, it was a few days after. So they are both at zero now way before the due date, but reported with the balances I had. But I am wondering, does that mean the balance I have from those first statements will remain that way on my reports until I use them again and show a lower balance? If so that stinks but oh well...

Just like all other credit cards, the balance as of reporting will be the balance reported and remaining on credit report until next reporting. (most banks do this on statement closing day).

While you do have the CL, If you are shopping in store, it is not usually an issue to shop over your CL and they are very good about CLI fairly quickly, 3 months or so on store and 6 on amex, use to be 3 on both.... don't worry about it to much and shop away.

Message 22 of 27
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

what I am asking though is, will they report again next month with my 0 balance automatically or do they only cut a statement if you've made a new purchase?
Message 23 of 27
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

When I first got approved for Macys card...my credit limit was $100. LOL yes. I just recently had it moved to 1k.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 24 of 27
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@new_earth

Settle down!!  When your next statement cuts showing $0 it will be reported as $0.

Message 25 of 27
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

@austinguy907 wrote:

@new_earth

Settle down!!  When your next statement cuts showing $0 it will be reported as $0.

lol ok thank you...I thought it should then second guessed :/

Message 26 of 27
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Macys is pretty wierd. My parents both have a macys acct. My dad currently used his card to purchase clothing for him and I totaling $1,600 and his CL was only $1,500, so asoon as his statement arrrived we noticed that his CL jumped $300 bringing it to $1,800, same thing happened to my mom her CL has $2,500 she made purchases here an there and almost go to her limit so when she received her statement her CL said $3,300 they did a cli of $800 SO YEAH pretty weird now it wont report as passing their CL. WE love macys they have been great to us next is my sister waiting for her CLI.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.