Did you mean: 

Blue Cash Everyday: Approved!

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Blue Cash Everyday: Approved!

@smc733 wrote:

Hi all,

So on 9/5, I applied for Blue Cash Everyday.  Got the 7-14 day message.

Called in last night, the woman told me they are sending me a letter with the terms I have to accept, and then I will receive my card after I accept them.

She said the "recommended limit" in the computer was $2,000, not bad I guess...

Congrats and nice CL !!

So is it true that it's better to start with a charge card with AMEX then show some good payment history then after 6 month apply for a credit card with them?

Are the charge cards easier to get?

Message 21 of 31
smc733
Valued Contributor

Thanks!

I tried a few times for CCs with them and got declined, but after having the charge card, and paying literally the DAY OF, every time, they approved.  I can't say for sure, but it certainly would seem the charge card definitely helped approval.

Charge cards are MUCH easier to get.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 22 of 31
CS800
Super Contributor

I wonder what kind of score one should have for a Zync or an AMEX platinum

Message 23 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure exactly what they look for, but I was approved for Zync with an EXP fico (from AMEX) at 684, no negatives ever..about 25% Util and around 5 inquiries...hope that helps.  As for Platinum, I don't know if their qualifications in terms of credit is any different, however they may want to see more income, not too sure. 

Congrats with the Blue Cash btw...I originally wanted the BCP, but settled for the Zync for now...we'll give it a few months and see what happens...sigh... Smiley Tongue

Message 24 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I applied for the Blue Cash Preferred about an hour ago and it's listed as "In Progress", which confuses me since it advertised that I'd get an answer in 60 seconds.  Is "In Progress" my 60 second answer? lol  My Scores are (I think) good, Equifax 817, Transunion 822, Experian 791, all are FICO.  I have a 23% utilization on a $12,300 CL Citicard and a mortgage and car payment.  My friend works for a CC company and said I should easily be able to get whatever card I want, so I was a bit confused why I wasn't instantly approved.  I do have one Negative Collection on my account that I ended up paying off but I figured that would be factored into my Credit Scores and shouldn't cause an issue (it was $199 medical bill that I disputed).  Thoughts?  Thanks!

Message 25 of 31
Ms-Kato
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I applied for the Blue Cash Preferred about an hour ago and it's listed as "In Progress", which confuses me since it advertised that I'd get an answer in 60 seconds.  Is "In Progress" my 60 second answer? lol  My Scores are (I think) good, Equifax 817, Transunion 822, Experian 791, all are FICO.  I have a 23% utilization on a $12,300 CL Citicard and a mortgage and car payment.  My friend works for a CC company and said I should easily be able to get whatever card I want, so I was a bit confused why I wasn't instantly approved.  I do have one Negative Collection on my account that I ended up paying off but I figured that would be factored into my Credit Scores and shouldn't cause an issue (it was $199 medical bill that I disputed).  Thoughts?  Thanks!

Well at least it says in progress..My online app was denied outright !... Call them ..that's

what I'm going to do.When I get the nerve up Smiley Indifferent

Or try the automated system first.

Message 26 of 31
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My guess is your seeing the status of "In Progress" because they were unable to give you a 60 second decision, have you had any other recent Amex applications?  Also where did you get your scores?  If you didnt get your EQ or TU here at MyFico they are FAKO

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 27 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's it, apparently that one collection totally destroyed my credit score.  So despite having perfect credit forever and never missing a payment in my life I took a 150+ credit score hit over something that shouldn't even of happened..  That's insane.....

Message 28 of 31
n777ua
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That's it, apparently that one collection totally destroyed my credit score.  So despite having perfect credit forever and never missing a payment in my life I took a 150+ credit score hit over something that shouldn't even of happened..  That's insane.....

So what are your scores ? What exactly happened with the collection ? 

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 29 of 31
Ms-Kato
Contributor

I got App Happy applying for this card ( Preferred version ) when I had no business doing so with my scores !

Now I have a hard pull inquiry along with a flat out denial Smiley Sad

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.