Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Cash Everyday upgraded to Magnet

tag
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

Blue Cash Everyday upgraded to Magnet

I was given an offer to "upgrade" my Blue Cash Everyday to the Magnet. I honestly didnt need a 1.5% cashback card, especially since I have PayPal.

Amex did offer to give me a sign up bonus to switch the card. $150 for 1k. Not too shabby for no hardpull and keep account history!!

I took the offer. Card arrived today. It does look really nice!!

My Current Active Credit Cards
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Blue Cash Everyday upgraded to Magnet

Congratulations on your product upgrade and SUB!
Message 2 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!!

Message 3 of 9
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your product change. I hope that you like your new card. If worse comes to worse you can always PC to the BCE again after the spend is met.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 4 of 9
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Amex offer!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 5 of 9
slickwidit
Established Contributor

Congratulations 🎉🍾🎊🎈 

"Achieving your goal is great and everything.. But The journey is where all the amazing stuff happens" *Slickwidit*
Score goals - 800+ (85 points away)
Message 6 of 9
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@zerofire wrote:

Congratulations on your product change. I hope that you like your new card. If worse comes to worse you can always PC to the BCE again after the spend is met.

I wouldn't. Amex upgrade offers typically have the "anti abuse" message where they get upset and clawback the bonus (or close your account) if you convert after getting the upgrade offer. The upgraded card has no fee and there's no pressing need to switch it right away. The upgrade bonus will long cover any lost cash back from Magnet vs BCE. 

Message 7 of 9
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@zerofire wrote:

I wouldn't. Amex upgrade offers typically have the "anti abuse" message where they get upset and clawback the bonus (or close your account) if you convert after getting the upgrade offer. The upgraded card has no fee and there's no pressing need to switch it right away. The upgrade bonus will long cover any lost cash back from Magnet vs BCE. 

Agreed. Leave it alone for at least 12 months.

It's rare to see an upgrade bonus that doesn't involve paying an annual fee (or a higher AF when there's already one). Nice!

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 8 of 9
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Enjoy that SUB  and new CC!! Congratulations!!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.