Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Cash Preferred Approval

tag
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Blue Cash Preferred Approval

Got the approval on 3rd for 9K via the Amex approval status link. Never got an approval email so I called and the Amex rep told me they were still determining the APR. 17.24%. Nice. I'm truly in the garden for the next year!

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

Re: Blue Cash Preferred Approval

Congrats!!

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 2 of 27
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@impovingmycredit wrote:
Got the approval on 3rd for 9K via the Amex approval status link. Never got an approval email so I called and the Amex rep told me they were still determining the APR. 17.24%. Nice. I'm truly in the garden for the next year!

That is a nice starting line with Amex for sure. At 61 days, you can request a CLI too, so it has the potential to move up quickly.

Take care of that card and Amex will take GOOD care of you!

Congrats!

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 3 of 27
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Thanks RR and DDiva! Appreciate the feedback. I'm looking forward to really using this card for all my gas and grocery purchases. Is Amex pretty good about CLI after the 61day mark?

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 4 of 27
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Nice. Do you have your FICO score?

Message 5 of 27
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Congrats on the BCP approval !

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 27
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@impovingmycredit wrote:
Thanks RR and DDiva! Appreciate the feedback. I'm looking forward to really using this card for all my gas and grocery purchases. Is Amex pretty good about CLI after the 61day mark?

I had great luck with them at day 61. Went from original $10k line, to $22,200 line... Did that over the phone through the automated system. It was easy.

Ray

Ray

Message 7 of 27
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Trumpet- (sorry the reply function doesn't work on iPhone). My FICOs are in my siggy. I didn't get the EX FICO from Amex cause they gave me their best APR rate for this card. (Assumption only- I don't have my welcome package for this card yet)

Thanks again RockinRay. Nice CL with Amex to start then 11+K bump in 61 days! Amex must luv you a lot.

Message 8 of 27
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@impovingmycredit wrote:
Trumpet- (sorry the reply function doesn't work on iPhone). My FICOs are in my siggy. I didn't get the EX FICO from Amex cause they gave me their best APR rate for this card. (Assumption only- I don't have my welcome package for this card yet)

Thanks again RockinRay. Nice CL with Amex to start then 11+K bump in 61 days! Amex must luv you a lot.

I just use the card and pay the bill. Nothing special. But, my cards are also backdated to 1979 and I am sure that helps!

Ray

Ray

Message 9 of 27
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Thanks Pizzadude! I appreciate the always friendly and good advice comments.

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.