Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlueBird Card from Walmart?

tag
Kate8196
New Visitor

Re: BlueBird Card from Walmart?

It really isnt a scam though. I have my money on the card that Im willing to transfer to their card.
Message 11 of 18
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Kate8196 wrote:
It really isnt a scam though. I have my money on the card that Im willing to transfer to their card.

I understand you may have a situation here.  But if that was the case, couldn't you get another Blue Bird card and just transfer it yourself?

There's just too many instances of this type of thing going bad, so for the safety of our posters, any information or solicitation of this type will be removed from the forums.  Nothing against you, and you may have a legitimate problem, however this will and does go for anything of this situation.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 12 of 18
Libra85
Regular Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

@Kate8196 wrote:
Ok, I have a bluebird card and misplaced it so they mailed me out a new one. I was supposed to receive it on Friday and it hasnt come yet. I asked Bluebird for a tracking number but they claim they dont have a tracking number.
I get my direct deposit on that card and havent been able to touch it because I dont have the card. Bluebird told me my only option to get my money quickly is to find someone with the card. Then I could transfer my money from my card to them and they could give me the money.
I know its a shot in the dark but Im a single mother who needs the money on my card. I am willing to let the person keep $50 if they do this for me. I could transfer my money to their card and they could western union it to me!

Sorry, but this throws up a BIG HUGE RED FLAG!  Too many money scams stem from Western Unioning money.  

+1 I totally agree. Sounds like a big fat SCAM. How about you go to wal-mart and purchase another card and transfer your money to that. Green dot, Wal-Mart prepaid, Paypal

October 2021
Message 13 of 18
Kate8196
New Visitor

I asked bluebird if I could do that and they said I couldnt transfer funds to a temporary card.
Message 14 of 18
enharu
Super Contributor

@Kate8196 wrote:
Ok, I have a bluebird card and misplaced it so they mailed me out a new one. I was supposed to receive it on Friday and it hasnt come yet. I asked Bluebird for a tracking number but they claim they dont have a tracking number.
I get my direct deposit on that card and havent been able to touch it because I dont have the card. Bluebird told me my only option to get my money quickly is to find someone with the card. Then I could transfer my money from my card to them and they could give me the money.
I know its a shot in the dark but Im a single mother who needs the money on my card. I am willing to let the person keep $50 if they do this for me. I could transfer my money to their card and they could western union it to me!

get a family member or close friend to head to walmart and buy a temporary card.

then you can transfer money to that card.

I don't think you should trust anyone on the internet to actually wire you money. More than likely that person is going to receive your money, and then disappear for good.

On the other hand, if someone is indeed gullible / nice enough to wire you via Western Union, there's also a possibility that he might be scammed, since he can't and shouldn't really trust you either.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 15 of 18
enharu
Super Contributor

@Kate8196 wrote:
I asked bluebird if I could do that and they said I couldnt transfer funds to a temporary card.

then it is a problem that you best fix by calling bluebird, or by asking friends and family who might have the card.

don't trust anyone on the internet to wire it to you. it's not going to happen.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 16 of 18
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Kate8196 wrote:

Call them back or login to your account and request another card ,  YOU WILL NOT GET ANYONE TO LET YOU TRANSFER IT INTO THEIR ACCOUNT THIS DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE. This sounds like a scam to me.

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 17 of 18
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I will now be locking this thread.  As stated before, and it's nothing against you.  I have no idea of your intent and would not try to guess at it.  It is a safety concern for our posters.  If I were to allow this type of posting from you, it would open up the boards to further postings of this type.  While your intentions may be genuine and above aboard, I assure you others would not be so.    So as a safety concern for you and our other posters, I am locking this thread from any further discussions.

Thread is locked and under Moderator review.

Thank you,

Shogun, myFICO moderator.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.