Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluebird

tag
cowboyguy
Regular Contributor

Bluebird

Sorry if it is not the right forum to post this question but I was wondering since we can withdraw cash from our bluebird card, isn't it a good way to avoid the 3% cash advance fee for credit cards?

Like I purchase a $500 vanilla reload card using my CC and pay $3.95 fee for the vanilla card. Now I use the card to deposit money into my Bluebird account. Then I go to ATM to withdraw money from my bluebird card (please note that if you have a MoneyPass ATM it's surcharge-free). I would also earn rewards on the credit card.

Had I use my credit card to withdraw $500, I would pay a 3% cash advance fee ($15) and also interest which would immediately start accruing. Also, I won't earn rewards.

Do other people us Bluebird to (indirectly) withdraw cash from CCs?

Walmart Discover $10,000... Chase SW $8,500... Freedom $7,000... CSP $6,000... Amex Delta $3,000... Amex BCP $2,000... Local CU $1,500...
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
kilj0y
Regular Contributor

Re: Bluebird

you should google manufactured spending, over on flyer talk they have a long thread about using bluebird. Most people use a credit card to buy giftcards, then turn around and load the giftcards to bluebird, then use bluebird bill pay to pay off the same credit card you used.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.