cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA 99/500 Concerns (sorry for yet another topic)

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BoA 99/500 Concerns (sorry for yet another topic)

BP2003 wrote:

llecs wrote:

BP2003 wrote:

Tons_of_Debt wrote:
Congrats! That was the processed for me too... deducted the money and showed up online before any official notification.

One thing I do notice though, is that it's not allowing me to make payments to it online... maybe because it's the first cycle?

That's odd.  I was expecting to be able to transfer funds from my checking/savings to the CC account anytime to pay my bill.

Can anyone confirm this as being possible?

Thanks!

You can transfer funds.

However, I ran into a problem where I deposited Cash via the teller in the afternoon and noticed my checking had the full amount of the deposit on the account available. So, I transferred from checking to the CC at that moment. Unfortunately, the transfer was declined 2 days later and basically the payment bounced.

I now pay with cash via the teller, rather than transferring the money.

Got it!  How long did it take to get a card after being approved and paying for everything?

Exactly 2 weeks from the day I mailed the acceptance back. My 99/500 offer was sent via mail rather than online. My account appeared on my CR about 2-3 days before I got the card.
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

which cra did they pull....thinking about applying but I dont want to waste a pull.
Message 12 of 21
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

doppler wrote:
which cra did they pull....thinking about applying but I dont want to waste a pull.

99% of the time BofA will pull EX. And if you are counter-offered the 99/500, and you accept, it will cost you 2 inquiries (one for the CC pull and one for the counter-offer).
Message 13 of 21
BP2003
Regular Contributor

World record time between applying with BofA and getting card. I applied on Wed., August 20th and got my 99/500 Platinum Visa card on Monday., August 25th. Very quick turnaround, I think Thanks again for all of your words...I'm off to max out my new card (jk!!!!!)
***From ashy to classy***
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BP2003 wrote:

@Tons_of_Debt wrote:
Congrats! That was the processed for me too... deducted the money and showed up online before any official notification.

One thing I do notice though, is that it's not allowing me to make payments to it online... maybe because it's the first cycle?

That's odd.  I was expecting to be able to transfer funds from my checking/savings to the CC account anytime to pay my bill.

Can anyone confirm this as being possible?

Thanks!

Yes, I have this card and you will be able to transfer funds to pay your bill from your BOA checking or savings account, anytime--after your first statement is sent to you. Until then, simply use the online bill pay to make a payment.
Message 15 of 21
treski
Frequent Contributor

Is it possible to just apply for the 99/500?  Are they picky?
NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa $25k, USAA MC $3.5k, USAA Amex $3.5k
Message 16 of 21
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Strictly a counter-offer for a regular unsecured card, as far as I know.

They are given to those who are a little too good for a fully secured card, but not yet quite there for the unsecured. Vague enough? Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 17 of 21
treski
Frequent Contributor

Hmmm ... low 600s, 4 CAs and some COs.

I'm guessing it's not happening for me yet.

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had 2 collections and a settlement when I applied and one of the collections was MBNA. So they aren't THAT picky but good to be cautious since it costs you 2 inquiries.
Message 19 of 21
treski
Frequent Contributor

Ahhh.  Tempting ... but I really ought to wait.  A little bit at least.  Heh.

Thanks!

Anyone else get this card with some baddies??
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.