Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA 99/500

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA 99/500

Is this card worth sending in the 99? How does it report on CC as a secured? Also they stated that good history and the card could be converted..Any advice is greatly appreciated. Started in Sept 06 with 502/515/525 Bought my house 7/20/07 with a Bank Loan with 6.25% 10/1 ARM with the bank paying the PMI..All this was done thanks to this forum..

Message Edited by cwalden73 on 09-25-2007 06:30 PM
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA 99/500

cwalden73 wrote:
Is this card worth sending in the 99? How does it report on CC as a secured? Also they stated that good history and the card could be converted..Any advice is greatly appreciated. Started in Sept 06 with 502/515/525 Bought my house 7/20/07 with a Bank Loan with 6.25% 10/1 with the bank paying the PMI..All this was done thanks to this forum..

If you can get in with BOFA, get in.  This is a good card and they are known for upgradign this card to unsecured.  you will have your foot in the door with a prime lender.

Message 2 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi cwalden,

i hear it' s a good card to build credit with.  my personal experience with BOA makes basis again them.  I loath BOA. but they are good to my hubby and sevearl other folks.

If you are building your credit this is a good card to have. you can convert and it does not report as secured.
Message 3 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Forgot to add this is a counter offer. They sent it to me after denying my original request for one of their cards. Does this improve the odds of receiving this card? I hate to do a hard pull unless it will be worthwhile. It's been a long tough road to where I am..I am now obsessed with 800......
Message 4 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

cwalden73 wrote:
Forgot to add this is a counter offer. They sent it to me after denying my original request for one of their cards. Does this improve the odds of receiving this card? I hate to do a hard pull unless it will be worthwhile. It's been a long tough road to where I am..I am now obsessed with 800......

I would call them to be sure but if this is acounter-offer based on a decline from another app, I think they approved you on that info. But as Isaid, call first.

Message 5 of 38
serenity72
New Contributor

how do you get the 99/500 through the bank or online? Thanks
Message 6 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

serenity72 wrote:
how do you get the 99/500 through the bank or online? Thanks

You can get it either way, usually offered as the PP stated as a cunter offer for a product that they are unable to offer at the time of application.

Message 7 of 38
serenity72
New Contributor

thats right i remember being turned down for the 99/500 do you have to have a certain score to get it? Thanks
Message 8 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

serenity72 wrote:
thats right i remember being turned down for the 99/500 do you have to have a certain score to get it? Thanks

All cards have a cutoff score unfortunately.  Was hte 99/50 offered AFTER you appd for a nother card or id it come bck when you checked your preapprovals with them?  Unfortunately pre-approved does not necessarily mean approved. Did they counter with a fully secured card?

Message 9 of 38
serenity72
New Contributor

No I didnt get any counter offers at all. suggestions for getting the 99/500?
Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.